What's new

Dead Alive/Braindead DVD Petition (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Lions Gate said months ago that they were working on a new edition of the film. Nothing after that has been said. I'm pretty sure that Lions Gate knows the demand for a re-release and hopefully they'll make an announcement of some sort soon.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I think its safe to say that we won't have PJ's input on this DVD for a while. I would like to own it as Braindead, apart from being the Original Version of the film - its the version I grew up on :)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
If holding out a little bit longer means having more Peter Jackson involvement, then I'm all for it. I love my Bad Taste limited Ed. DVD, but can you imagine what it would have been like if PJ would've had the time to be fully involved? Probably a great commentary and who knows what else. A Dead Alive SE would be great, but I can make do with my VHS for another year or two.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I enjoyed LOTR, but at times I'm seriously peeved off about it because it's kept PJ from getting more involved in DVD presentations of his better work.

No PJ commetary on Forgotten Silver. Costa Botes is fun to listen to, but I would have loved to hear Jackson's take on things.

No PJ commentary or involvement on Heavenly Creatures. At least we are getting OAR on this disc, but it's a pretty sad, bare bones disc for a film of this quality. PJ's got tons of behind the scenes footage sitting around somewhere.

No PJ commentary or involvement on Bad Taste. This one is the real crime. There are hours and hours of extra footage. And no commentary at all? In my mind, this movie needs two commentaries: a PJ one and one by the "Boys". I still feel Anchor Bay dropped the ball on this one because the Boys were quite willing and ready to record a commentary. I could just cry.

Likewise, I doubt there will be much more than the "Sex, Drugs, and Soft Toys" documentary as an extra on the upcoming Meet the Feebles release from AB.

Jackson once said he's got tons of behind the scenes stuff for Braindead. The only problem is that we won't see it until this whole rings thing is done.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I feel the exact same way Julie. Peter Jackson has said that he is a huge fan of special edition releases, and I beleive him (Frighteners sig. series LD and 4-disc LOTR). The catch 22 is that now that Lord of the Rings is underway he is incredible busy, yet at the same time his older work is getting mainstream recognition. So now all these releases, but he doesn't have the time to participate. I was holding out for the Anchor Bay version of Meet the Feebles (while they told me they had no plans for in an e-mail a few months ago) and I'll buy it when they do.

However, once PJ is done with the trilogy I would gladly rebuy special editions of Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles, Dead Alive, and Heavenly Creatrues.

I actually have been considering buying Forgotten Silver sight unseen, should I?

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
#69. I'll tell a few friends about this as well.

And yes, it's sad that there wasn't a commentary on the Bad Taste disc by Jackson or the 'Boys'... I hope we'll get some interesting behind the scenes material with Braindead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks