Deactivated my Facebook

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
You guys are smarter than me. However, my Facebook experience isn't that bad because I only post once or twice a year, I've muted everyone but people that I still actually know in real life (& they barely post) and I really only get posts from companies that make the dumb stuff that I collect. In other words, I'm not reading insane conspiracy theories designed to terrorize old and/or stupid people or arguing politics with some guy that I barely knew when I worked with him 15 years ago.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ve been on FB for 5 years or so. I guess I’ve made my views clear and usually get posts from other sites the agree with my views.

Reactions: SFMike

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I think I have a Facebook page because one of my relatives started it for me. I get notifications from them often, but I have never been to my own page- I know nothing about Facebook. I’m not a fan of social media as a whole anyway.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I was one of their early members, back when it was just limited to e-mail addresses of a few dozen universities. But ironically, I've barely ever utilized it.

For the past few years, I'm only logged in at my PC to post at a few railroad pages about locomotives. I completely ignore the social media aspect of it.

Reactions: Osato

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I got rid of it a few years back and, to my surprise, my family freaked. About a year ago my wife told me I was going back to FB because she was tired of relaying messages for me. Now that I'm "back" I rarely even look at it.

Reactions: Osato

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Real Name
Clint
My wife is still on it but I refuse to go back. Zuckerberg and his questionable ethics and business practices turned me off to it. I’m on Twitter but that’s it.

Reactions: Ed Lachmann

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhishHead00