DDDHouse Widescreen Versions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CamiloCamacho, Apr 12, 2002.

1. CamiloCamacho

CamiloCamacho Stunt Coordinator

I have seen the titles (and price) of this store, and they are amazing. They look specially good for me, because the shipping cost a lot less than the US options.

But i want to ask to anybody that had purchased from them:

a- The Widescreen Discs are anamorphic?

b- The Disc are dual layer

c- How is the DTS quality

d- How was your experience with the store (shipping times, problems, etc)

2. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

A - Some are, some aren't. You'll have to look further to find out (try asiandvdguide.com).
    B - ""
    C - ""
    D - When I've ordered from dddhouse.com (Battle Royale - Region 3), I got it about a week and a half after I placed my order.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

With Hong Kong movies it's hit or miss whether they're anamorphic. With Hollywood films, they are USUALLY anamorphic

In my experience, with a couple exceptions (like making it a flipper) if it's DTS it's dual-layer

4. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

>Universe Video & Laser Company Limited places a WIDESCREEN banner across the top of the front cover when a DVD has an anamorphic widescreen transfer. Mei Ah just says Anamorphic Widescreen on the back cover.

>Universe Video & Laser Company Limited always uses a DVD-9 for dts releases. However most DVDs in Hong Kong are DVD-5s for pricing reasons. Mei Ah does use DVD-10s for most of their dts releases.

>The dts soundtracks are mixed for 5.0 surround. You still get LFE and Bass but you need to calibrate your system properly. Look for the dts logos on the front of the artwork for most Hong Kong releases.

5. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    As a dealer, I have found DDDHouse very reliable. I live in Tokyo and get my orders in less than a week. I have ordered from DDDHouse several times per year for about three years. They also answer E-mail fairly prompty.

There are a number of Korean movies being released in Hong Kong recently. If you can find a site that sells Korean DVDs, however you are better off with the product out of Korea. Lately most all Korean DVDs are anampmorphic, well packaged and high quality transfers. As someone else posted above, Hohg Kong DVDs seem to be hit or miss but generally very cheap.

6. CamiloCamacho

CamiloCamacho Stunt Coordinator

Thank you, i will order soon from them, looks really good

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter