What's new

DDDHouse Widescreen Versions (1 Viewer)

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen the titles (and price) of this store, and they are amazing. They look specially good for me, because the shipping cost a lot less than the US options.

But i want to ask to anybody that had purchased from them:

a- The Widescreen Discs are anamorphic?

b- The Disc are dual layer

c- How is the DTS quality

d- How was your experience with the store (shipping times, problems, etc)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
A - Some are, some aren't. You'll have to look further to find out (try asiandvdguide.com).
B - ""
C - ""
D - When I've ordered from dddhouse.com (Battle Royale - Region 3), I got it about a week and a half after I placed my order.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
With Hong Kong movies it's hit or miss whether they're anamorphic. With Hollywood films, they are USUALLY anamorphic

In my experience, with a couple exceptions (like making it a flipper) if it's DTS it's dual-layer

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
>Universe Video & Laser Company Limited places a WIDESCREEN banner across the top of the front cover when a DVD has an anamorphic widescreen transfer. Mei Ah just says Anamorphic Widescreen on the back cover.

>Universe Video & Laser Company Limited always uses a DVD-9 for dts releases. However most DVDs in Hong Kong are DVD-5s for pricing reasons. Mei Ah does use DVD-10s for most of their dts releases.

>The dts soundtracks are mixed for 5.0 surround. You still get LFE and Bass but you need to calibrate your system properly. Look for the dts logos on the front of the artwork for most Hong Kong releases.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
As a dealer, I have found DDDHouse very reliable. I live in Tokyo and get my orders in less than a week. I have ordered from DDDHouse several times per year for about three years. They also answer E-mail fairly prompty.

There are a number of Korean movies being released in Hong Kong recently. If you can find a site that sells Korean DVDs, however you are better off with the product out of Korea. Lately most all Korean DVDs are anampmorphic, well packaged and high quality transfers. As someone else posted above, Hohg Kong DVDs seem to be hit or miss but generally very cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks