What's new

DDD Semi-annual 20% off sale (merged) (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Man, I have been trying ot think of any TV on DVD sets or any sort of box sets that I really REALLY want but I couldn't for the life of me think of any. I finally managed to spend $80 this evening before the sale ended.

THE RIVER WILD (DTS) 1 $6.82
UFO-SHOWTIME 1 $13.99
HEART IS DECEITFUL ABOVE ALL THING 1 $11.72
HOMELAND SECURITY 1 $7.48
RUNNING SCARED 1 $14.54
DESERT BLUE 1 $4.78
DANCING AT THE BLUE IGUANA 1 $4.94
BOYS AND GIRLS 1 $5.08
TWILIGHT ZONE-SEASON 1 1 $11.60

Order Total: $80.95

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
The party's over... time to call it a day...

Remember how in years past, sometimes the sale would stay active for as much as a day after the official close?

Not so, this year. I snuck in an order just before midnight Cnetral time that went through:

BATMAN & MR FREEZE-SUB ZERO $4.79
SHALLOW GRAVE $7.59

Order Total: $12.38

But then I tried another order after midnight, and all the codes no longer work. So, if you didn't jump on your goodies yet, you're too late!

Time to go back to not talking about the sale in the hopes of not jinxing its semi-annual return late in the year, as usual...

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I didn't go as big this time around... I mean I was thinking about picking up Peckinpah's Western set but I figured I'd rent them on netflix, and Mel Brooks set I heard has some bad transfers so I passed on that. And in the end I Didn't feel like dishing out the dough for Batman Vol. 3 and Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 2

So I was left with

Battlestar Gallatica Season 1
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Collection
Samurai Jack Season 1 and 2

$108

I kind of regret not getting Jim Henson SToryteller collection and Kingdom of Heaven DC though :frowning: Anyway good deals considering I haven't watched Neon Genesis Evangelion in 5 years, and I been wanting to buy it for that long... But the price was like near 200 bucks for the whole set back then and now i got it for 44.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, I tried to order a few more on the 17th and it wasn't working for me... The promo box was there but the prices were the same. I figures the sale was over! Good thing I got an order in on Friday!

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Star Trek: TOS (3-Pack) for me for $205. It basically brought these sets down to ~$60 apiece.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
My total haul from last night:

DVD : FARSCAPE-STARBURST EDITION SEASON 4 PART 1 $ 13.27
DVD : CHEERS-8TH SEASON $ 21.75
DVD : FRASIER-8TH SEASON $ 21.74
DVD : ROCKY & BULLWINKLE-3RD SEASON $ 19.43
DVD : ROBOT CHICKEN V.01 $ 16.55
DVD : BABYLON 5-1ST SEASON $ 34.84
DVD : BABYLON 5-2ND SEASON $ 34.84
DVD : BABYLON 5-3RD SEASON $ 34.84
DVD : BABYLON 5-5TH SEASON $ 34.84
DVD : BABYLON 5-4TH SEASON $ 34.84
DVD : BABYLON 5-THE MOVIES $ 34.84
DVD : BABYLON 5-LEGEND OF THE RAN $ 11.60
DVD : 16 BLOCKS (WS) $ 12.11

What I spent: $325.49
Before the 20% off: $406.89
The site's "Why Pay?": $583.35

A nice chunk of saving there. I'd been waiting to get Babylon 5 on the cheap, and at (almost) a two for one vs. retail is a no brainer for me.

Corman

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Cory, does yours show up as being shipped? Mine, which was ordered on Tuesday, is on backorder and scheduled to be shipped on the 23rd.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
I did log off and back on. I tried at 12:15am and again at about 4:30pm. I've placed a couple of orders so I was looking for the box. Went all the way to the last click to place my order amd I had looked up and down the each and every page...
Cie la vie.
I'm not upset since I got several items I had been waiting to purchase including Poirot's Complete Collection for my mother, MSRP 199.99, DDD regular 130. and the sale made it 104.00. An early b'day present for her.
What I am is disappointed. I knew I was taking a chance trying to get in on the last day since I figured it was going to be a bit difficult - lots of people getting one last order (like me ;)) so the server may be slow, etc. I didn't think I wouldn't get the promo discount.
Yea, yea, this is the first of the grips regarding problems with the sale. I can almost hear it. But really, my main concern was to warn people that I had a problem. So might others.
I got three orders in under the promo. The fourth was more of a "let's see what else I can get on sale". DDD has wonderful prices and I've had good luck with all of my purchases. Will definitely be back for the next one (what next one? :rolleyes)
But thanks for the ideas even if I wasn't able to utilize them.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
Jason,

Farscape is listed on back order with an expected ship date of 6/28 along with everything else. My first package from the sale should have the following: 16 BLOCKS, BABYLON 5-3RD SEASON, BABYLON 5-LEGEND OF THE RANGERS, ROCKY & BULLWINKLE-3RD SEASON, CHEERS-8TH SEASON, FRASIER-8TH SEASON.

Cory

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I only ordered three DVDs, but I got great service. I ordered a week ago Sunday and they all three arrived this past Saturday. Just in time for a Father's Day present from myself.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
My grand total for all my orders was about $260 :eek:

Just wondering what damage others inflicted upon themselves.:frowning:

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't go too crazy -- just barely over $100. I think I spent close to three times that in November and I easily could have gone to five or six times that this time and still not have gotten everything I'd have liked to. But then, who among us can't say that?

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator
Got my order yesterday! Exactly a week from order date with the free shipping...

Total damage for me this sale was $163.21.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
My order arrived yesterday with 2-day shipping; my wife was so excited she asked if the sale was still going so she could place another order :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

And that doesn't just affect people who bought during the sale. I'd ordered that volume a week before the sale and am in the same boat. Probably ADV just missed the street date or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks