What's new

DD/DTS Upgrade Help (1 Viewer)

John_P

Agent
I have an older (1995 ?) Onkyo reciever TX-SV919THX that I am using in my bedroom. This reciever is great except it only decodes Pro Logic. I want to add an external dd/dts decoder. Does any one know where I can find an external decoder and the patch cable (I think it is a 25 pin to 5 RCA)? Thanks for any help.
John

PomingF

Second Unit
Do a search & look for Phil Hamm. He has the same receiver and has been using the Technics decoder. Have you consider a DVD player with both decoders on board?
PF

John_P

Agent
PomingF,
Thanks for the reply, I will search on Phil Hamm, (whenever the search functions is ever available !). I tried to hook a Panny A310 to it and was unimpressed with the results. It may have been mt problem however. Have you ever used this type of setup ?

PomingF

Second Unit
Both Phil & I responded to the 'Onkyo Receiver' post and you can look him up from there. I have the 939 with DD only and have to add a standalone DTS decoder without any problem. In general it's better to have the decoder with the receiver than player for input flexibility & bass management purposes.
PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks