DD/DTS probelm with Denon 1802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChadM, Dec 10, 2001.

1. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

My brother got the Denon 1802 and a set of Boston surrounds on Saturday. When we got them home we commenced to hooking everthing up. All we had to hook up is the TV, DVD receiver and speakers. My question is: we have sound, however, the DD/DTS lights will not come on, what is wrong?

Help!

2. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    you have a digital cable right? make sure that in your DVD player setup menu, that you have the Digital bitsream enabled.

3. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Also, in the system setup for the receiver you have to tell it which way you have the dvd hooked up- either through the digital or optical input. I have the 1602 but im sure its similar- but check the dvd player setup also like the last post advised.

4. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

Jeremy,

Damn that my be it. We spent a good amount of time drilling holes, moving things and so forth. At the end of the day I was exhausted and then I could not get that light to come on and I got frustrated and not thinking clearly. Thing is, my brother was really happy with the way it sounded. I will try that and report back here on Saturday (I am out of town).

Johnson,

I did that.

Thanks to both of you.

5. PeteD

PeteD Stunt Coordinator

Look for a setting that sets input..

First, you need to assign the digital input to a source.

IE Assign Optical 1 to DVD/LD

Second, and I can't really remember what the button is called, is to change detection mode (think it's called input). I think the choices are:

5 Channel

Analog

Dolby Digital

DTS

Auto

Make sure Auto is selected. I think it will light up the auto pilot light, and there should also be a Lock light.

Let me know if this helps, and if you need specifics let me know and I'll check when I'm home next. I have the 1801 which must be similar.

Pete