What's new

DD/DTS lights not on in Denon 2802 (1 Viewer)

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
I am having some problems with my new Denon 2802 receiver. I have noticed that when I play a dvd with either DD or DTS the lights do not come on the receiver. I am using a coaxial cable. I have set both the receiver and the dvd player to receive these formats. I have checked that my connections are in place. I go to the dvd menu to play either format, but the lights still do not come on. Also, the analog light is on the receiver, and I read the manual that it means the connections are not correct. I have set the receiver to auto. On the system display, I have set the DVD to coaxial.
Can someone offer a suggestion on what I am doing wrong?
I hope my new receiver is not broken.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Well,this is just a guess as I do not have a Denon.On my onkyo,I have to select the input type on the reciever for each input.Mabey thats what is wrong.
------------------
Chad's DVDs

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Did you assign the coaxial input you are using on your receiver to the DVD input? If not, it's probably defaulting to the analog inputs, if you also have those connected. Denon receivers allow you to assign the digital inputs to any component input.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 2

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everyone for your advice. I checked my receiver and dvd player, and the coaxial cord was loose. After I played with it, the lights for DD/DTS came on. I am using this terrible Ikea entertainment center. The entertainment center is enclosed on the back, so it is difficult to adjust anything on the receiver unless I pull it out. I think I need to buy an inexpensive a/v rack. Can someone offer some suggestions?
Perrin

Users who are viewing this thread