DD and DTS levels independently adjustable on Denon AVR 3802?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Kreisberg, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Mark Kreisberg

Mark Kreisberg Auditioning

I'm considering the above receiver. In perusing this group and the owners manual it appears that these levels are adjustable just not independently. Is this correct?

Also I read in another thread that the LFE is adjustable between the two and is remembered. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

2. Henry_W

Henry_W Stunt Coordinator

On DD/DTS levels - they are not independently adjustable. They are also combined with DPL II and Neo 6. You can adjust separately for stereo, multichannel stereo, direct and other effects - don't know why the split was done this way. Not a biggie with me, just an irritant (I would be way angry if stereo and/or multichannel stereo was thrown into the mix).

Yes - LFE is adjustable for each. You have to be using the one you want to adjust (let's say DD) and I believe you go into Parameters you will see the LFE adjustment. Set it there and the reciever will remember it from then on.

Still really like my 3802 - I just so happen to have used it long enough to work through most the quirks.

3. Eric T

Eric T Second Unit

What is the adjustment that must be made? I thought I read somewhere that DTS needs +10dB on the LFE, is this correct?

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Different receivers have different LFE settings. The Denon 2802 uses a scale of -10 to 0 for both DD and DTS LFE pads. Both are preset at 0, which is the correct settings. All current Denon's likely use this same range. Some of the other receivers use -10 to 0 for DD, and 0 to +10 for DTS. Really just depends on the receiver. For the Denon, an LFE setting of 0 for both DD and DTS adds the appropriate 10db boost that the LFE channel requires. The only time you need change it is when listening to DTS CD's, which require a DTS LFE setting of -10.