What's new

DC's Blackhawk by Spielberg (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
News comes today that Steven Spielberg is developing a film based on DC's Blackhawk series, about a squadron of fighter pilots battling the Nazis in WWII.

I can't think of anyone better suited to the material.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...rg-tackling-dc-comics-movie-blackhawk-1103534

The article says he may direct it as well as produce, but with Indy 5 and possibly West Side Story as directing projects, he may not have time for a few years.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Blackhawk makes sense for Spielberg (the original characters are WWII pilots) but I wonder if DC and Warners will try to have more connections to the DC movie universe or set it in the modern day, etc.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't know anything about this comic. But I would see it if it comes to fruition with Spielberg.

As I indicated in the West Side Story thread, it's not clear if the trades are just assuming that one will go next after Indy or what. Spielberg does have a habit of announcing projects and then not following through on all of them as he gets more interested in something else.

If this does happen, though, I would be very surprised if he would agree to DCEU connections and making it part of the overall franchise. I feel like getting a filmmaker of his stature means he is going to be allowed to do what he wants, or he wouldn't have said yes. He is certainly not a filmmaker-for-hire type.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks