What's new

DC: World Series BaseBall... 2K1 or 2K2? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Hello,

I just got my dreamcast so I am pretty new to its game library but I want to start stocking up. I wanted to get opinions on the WSB 2K1 and 2K2. I hear a lot of talk about getting the NFL 2K1 over the 2K2 because of the savings vs performance and was wondering if the same holds true to the baseball series. I am not interested in current rosters though good graphics/gameplay and season setup is important, also I'd like to know if 2K1 has Tigers' new Comerica Park. Any opinions welcome. Thanks!

Kevin

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Warning: I'm not a baseball fan & own neither game.

The general opinion in reviews & online seems to be that WSB2K1 is flawed - it has no controllable fielding option & that seems to generally annoy people.

WSB2K2 is supposedly better - but still not as good as it could/should have been.

I'd go check both reviews on dc.ign.com to get a good appreciation of the games. With the NFL series - I'd definitely reccomend picking up 2K1 for $8 from Amazon over the (full price) 2K2!

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Thanks for the info Brian, but $8 at Amazon!? I only saw it for $20... did I miss a clearance section?

Side note: Virtua Tennis is only $10 @amazon... thats purchase #2.

Kevin

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Just to be clear - I meant NFL2K1 at $8. Was certainly there when I ordered two copies yesterday for friends in the UK.

I've no idea about hte prices of the WSB games - I have little interested in them so I haven't paid them any attention pricewise, sorry.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
WSB2k1 is BRUTAL!

I rented it and was so dissapointed with it I think it was played for maybe 20min.

I tried WSB2k2 with very very low expectations, but came away blown away. The game is such a vast improvement i'm not even capable of putting it into words.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I have WSB2k2, it plays great with great graphics...

I heard WSB2k1 was totally flawed and very very BAD...

WSB2k2 is definitely the way to go

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
WSB2k1 is the worst sports game that I've ever played so I didn't bother giving 2k2 a shot. The graphics were pretty good but the batting was aquard, the fielding was non existant, and the audio sounded like something ported directly from a tiger handheld game.

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply's fellas... on Brian's suggestion I went over to ign.com and read the review for both WSB 2K1 and 2K2 - no comparison, 2k2 smoked 2K1. They also have some QuickTime video clips of 2K2 - simply stunning. Only Problem is 2K2 still carries a hefty price tag and I am itching to get a season started.

Brian: thanks for the clarification on the NFL 2K1 for $8... as I reread your post, you even stated for the NFL series - my oversight. :b Thanks!

Kevin

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
WSB 2K2 is a great game. My roomate and I picked it up over the summer the day it came out and played it the entire summer. Its the first baseball game in a long time that I haven't had any major complaints about. Definitely pick it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks