DC: Record Of Lodoss War

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianB, Oct 31, 2001.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Just a little reccomendation:
    Picked this up new for $20 last week & been playing it every spare chance I get - it's even pushed aside the new version of "Championship Manager" on the PC for me, that's how much I'm enjoying it.
    It's a Japanese take on Diablo, without the multiplayer aspect. It's hack & slash, isometric perspective & a very nice weapon upgrade system - you 'engrave' upgrades into the weapon, with different upgrades taking up different space. The more you engrave, the more it costs...
    Gameplay is repetitive but in a good way - it's hack & slash, with a nice variety of enemies & skills needed.
    Story is run of the mill, based on the anime of the same name, but is enjoyable - it keeps the game progressing, opening up new areas at just the right time. The level of difficulty so far is spot on too.
    Lots of secrets & 30 side quests to go on too.
    This has been overlooked & reputedly got a small print run in the US... I've seen it for $20 new in GameStop. Worth picking up if you like Diablo style games...
    ------------------
    Nothing In Particular

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Didn't Conspiracy bring that over??? If you like Diablo pick this title up and put some money in Conspiracy's pocket as they will more than likely be the ones who port the next Treasure game, Ikaruga, which almost looks to be a sequel of some sort to Radiant Silvergun.

3. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Perhaps I will buy another DC game after all...
    I am a Diablo II addict!
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

4. Wolf Jenkins

Wolf Jenkins Stunt Coordinator

I'm sad - I've got it, and yet to play it...
    Wow - time is short. Just got Civ III, then I've got an xbox coming in what - 2.5 weeks?

5. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Yes, this is a very good and often overlooked DC game. I played it for quite a while although I never finished it. Definitely recommended.