What's new

dbx driverack stereo 2-way (1 Viewer)

MikeCTM

Auditioning
hi can the dbx driverack pa do a stereo 2-way (2 x 2) crossover configuration? the website doesn't list this configuration. it starts with 2 x 3 and so on. i emailed also but they can take awhile. last email i don't think i ever heard back. thnks

MikeCTM

Auditioning
i figured a little more out. what they call 2 x 6 i consider 2 x 3. also, what they call 2 x 4 i consider to be 2 x 2. i downloaded the owners manual and studied it closely. i don't get it. they're '2 x 6' set-up is a stereo 3-way set-up. that's it. left high, left mid, left low and right high, right mid and right low. that's called stereo 3-way i thought. must be marketing crap.

Ron_L

Second Unit
Well it all depends on your configuration. I'm guessing you want to the Driverack for a 2 channel bi-amp install?

Well that would be 2x4. The 2 stereo inputs and the 4 outputs, 2 highs and 2 lows.

A tri-amped system would use all 6 outputs. hi, mid and Low.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not true at all. Keep in mind, Mike, that the Driverack is a piece of pro gear. They don’t necessarily hold the same protocols for nomenclature that home audio does. For instance, “bi-amping” in home audio is somewhat different than in pro audio, even though both call it the same.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Ron_L

Second Unit
The only true way to bi-amp a home speaker is to remove the provided crossover from the speaker and use the driverack as your crossover.

Ron_L

Second Unit
RANE's RPM Crossover/EQ are pretty good units too. You have to use a computer to configure it though.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Proceed with caution when using cheap pro audio gear in a home theater system. A lot of it has poor specs and is not especially clean. I once had a pro audio crossover that cost twice that much and it audibly colored the sound.

I would especially avoid budget digital pro gear. For instance, several people here have tried to use the Behringer Feedback Destroyer for their mains and reported it sounded bad.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks