What's new

Daytona subwoofer settings (1 Viewer)

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
I've tried searching to make sure this wasn't be one of those questions asked and answered 3 times a day.

I've purchased the Daytona 10" sub but the documentation with it is slight. What I'm trying to figure out is who is in charge, the sub or the receiver?

1. The sub and the receiver both have level (output) controls. Who really decides? Do you use one, the other, or both?

2. The crossover on the sub is continous from 40hz to 160hz. The receiver has 3 crossover settings for the sub, at 100hz, 150hz, and 200hz. Who controls where the crossover is, the receiver or the sub?

3. How should I set the crossover? My speakers are the Fluance SX-HTB with the fronts having a frequency response of 49hz to 20k Hz at 89db and the center and surrounds are at 80hz to 20k hz at 86db.

4. What the heck does the phase switch on the sub actually accomplish?

Thanks guys, your help is appreciated.

Donald

Jack Keck

Second Unit
I can help you with the crossover part. Turn th ecrossover on the sub all the way up and set the one on your receiver to 100 Hz.. I used a RAdio Shack SPL meter and Stryke test disc to set the volume, but I don't remember exactly how I did it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Jack is correct on the x-over setting.

The phase switch aids with possible sub/main cancellation due to phase. Switch it between it's settings and leave it on the one that sounds stronger while the mains are also playing. If your sub is near your mains, this will almost always be set to "0".

For sub level, you need to use BOTH together. I adjust my sub to about 1/3 gain, then use the receiver to adjust to the correct level with calibration. If you are adjusting up too much on the receiver, turn the sub's gain up a bit. I shoot for close to "0" on the receiver's settings, but right now I am at -2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks