What's new

Dayton tiny might is on sale (1 Viewer)

Kean-Hock Yeap

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads up!

I am located in CA and I found that if I order through Amazon.com I can save about 6.50 in shipping.
wink.gif

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I hope all you guys that were on the fence on this one take advantage of a SMOKIN' good deal!!!

Nothin' beats this for the price.

It added a TON to my system!!!

DevinJC

Stunt Coordinator
they also will give you the sale price if you ordered it before it went on sale. A quick email today got me a $25 credit back to my card after ordering the sub last thursday. It also got parts-express a customer for as long as they are in business.

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, parts express is great. I got a credit this morning too.

I was a little concerned about putting this sub in my room since it's so big (14 x 28 x 8). I put the sub directly behind my couch and set my crossover at 60Hz so it would be harder to localize and it sounds great. It's also good because it can shake my couch when watching a movie.

Can't be beat for the price!

Hell, at the sale price order 2 of them. Stack them one of top of the other and you've got soom serious bass for a couple of hundred bucks.

DevinJC

Stunt Coordinator
heh, 2 of them is tempting, real tempting. But I had to go cheap sub while I save up for the 'Digm CC370. Soo, trying to resist the 2nd sub for my 10x14 room. :P

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I missed out on the HSU deal at CompUSA but this is half the price! I'm sure I'll be happy with my purchase. I've got to stay away from this HTF site, I keep spending money.
wink.gif

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
WOW! what a great tip from the people here and the support from partsexpress. Mine shipped about 3 weeks back, I called them this morning and they refunded me the difference in price.

yay!

RayM

Agent
Woohoo... I called PE today and they are giving me a $25.01 credit.

Thanks for the heads-up Jeremy_R!

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
"Would the Dayton be an improvment over the Onkyo sub?"

The short answer is, yes.

The long answer is, yes, by a lot.

David

clay_w

Agent
Well, I placed the order and should receive the Dayton on Monday.

Would their be any advantage to using the Dayton AND my current Onkyo sub together?

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I got my Dayton sub today and this thing rocks! I played the depth charge scene from U-571 and felt it rumble the couch. Also a few scenes from We Were Soldiers. I think this sub is even better than the modded Sony Sub. Nice small design.

I noticed it's much louder if you use a Y connector to both jacks instead of the mono input. Why is that?

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator

Because you are increasing the signal going to the sub. If you have the connection going mono to the sub (i.e., just one cable), you have a lower signal. There is no impact in performance one way or the other, and if you are using a Y connector, you should still calibrate the sub, in which case you don't really get any benefit from using the Y connector.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
No performance benifit aside from a higher input signal and it's summed to mono when used, (do recal the sub if you do use one)...

Only real benifit for some:
If you use the subs {"auto ON fuction"}, using a Y-cable (can sometimes help the sub from going to sleep) during longer quite periods in movies/music.

Some use Y-cables, some don't.
I use Y-cables as I run multipul DIY powered subs (4), and it only helps keep the input signal up. Then the sub/s gain dose not need to be run as high on the subs gain/volume pot. The receiver sub volume out can sometimes be run lower to keep the signal clean in the middle somewhere allowing for plenty of adjustment.
With a single powered sub the latter is usually not a problem.

For some, this IS a problem and others it is NOT. Speaking getting (enough clean input signal to ones sub or subs).

=====>
Aside from whats been mentioned, NO other GAINS in sub performance/max volume/amp headroom/etc will come from using a Y-connector to the R & L inputs on a sub or subs and feeding them both with a Y-cable....;)
=====>

Hope that helps. It's a qeustion asked in some form or another about every couple months.

Regards
Geoff ¥

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks