What's new

Dayton Sub (1 Viewer)

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen the dayton subs (10"&12") on outpost.com. They look pretty good but I noticed that on the back there is no single coax connection for input from the receiver. I have an onkyo receiver with a sub output. I don't think I've seen any other outputs on my receiver. Would this sub work with my system?

Charles-T

Agent
Typically, you would just use the left channel input on the sub. Both of my brothers have the 10" Dayton subs connected this way. You could always get a Y-adapter to split the mono sub signal into both the left and right channel on the sub, but it's really not needed.

They are great sounding little subs though.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Are they less than just getting them directly from Parts Express? *Edit - where exactly are you seeing these? I don't see anywhere where these guys are listed on Outpost.

Like Charles said, many, if not most, subs have stere line level inputs - they both get summed back to mono, so it may not even matter which one you use. Some subs will tell you which one to use if you are using a single output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks