1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Dayton sub?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by PeterK, Jun 29, 2005.

1. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

I am thinking of buying the dayton 10" sub that everone is talking about. When going throught the buying process, the total with shipping is $157.72 But this is in american funds correct? I have never bought anything online with a credit card before nor anything that is priced with american money. How do I know exactly how much in canadian money I am going to pay? Do I just go by what the exchange rate is at the time of purchase? or is there some sort of hidden fee for buying something american with a canadian credit card?

Thanks [​IMG]

PS
    oh ya, this is from the partesexpress website btw.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Probably want to contact them about shipping to Canada. You will most likely have to pay steeper taxes as well as duties too, which could drive the price even higher.

3. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

ok screw it! I don't want it that badly. And I don't want to pay millions in taxes either.
    Thanks

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I kno it costs more, but take a look at the HSU STF-1. They have a Canadian distributor.

5. Don Scott

Don Scott Stunt Coordinator

You would have to pay Canadian taxes on the US total, then a duty fee plus a larger shipping fee and the warranty would probably be void. After all this the Dayton wouldn't be such a good deal.

6. Marc LaPalme

Marc LaPalme Agent

i wish i could post url's. BUT!

Theres a quebec distributor here that has awsome prices and great delivery.

Their name is "Solen" and they distribute components from all over the world. if you look at the bottom of the page you'll find a complete price guide on all of that particular manufacturers components.

give them a call. and they'll hook you up. if theres an advertised part on the manufacters website that solen doesn't have in there list. ask them about it they will most likely be able to tell you right there if they can get it for you.

good luck.

7. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

well, I looked at the solen website but I can't seem to find anything made by dayton let alone the 10" sub.

Marc, did you actually see that specific sub on the solen site? If so, Cees, you think you can post up marc's link or give him linking privilges?

thanks