What's new

Dayton sub, talk me out of it! (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Quailty control problems that plagued the TM-I caused it's demise. PE tried to work these out with the manufacturer, but to no avail.
So a re-design and a new build house of the Tiny Mighty-II came about.

The ~{First/Orignial Dayton TM-I}~ was a much better looking sub by far (to most all that have seen both), but due to the for mentioned above, it was discontinued and the latest Dayton TM-II came forth.

The last load of TM-I's ~{sold & shipped had mostly Amp problems}~.. PE ate it big and replaced all bad amps for free to the customers that purchased them. Didn't even want the bad or broken amps shipped back to them, "in the end"...

It was the last straw for Parts Express, and the Dayton 10" TM-I became sub history...

But, the Rory two word TM-II "Bung Hole" was born..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I do agree tho, it's butt ugly compared to the original and thats a bummer! :frowning:

Max F

Second Unit
I just named my sub the Great Cornholio! :D Although it doesn't need TP for its bunghole.

Its happilly in the corner doing its job. I'm going to do some measurement on the room today to see how low it can go.

Max F

Second Unit
I just did some measurements with test tones that i downloaded. You have to be carefull not to damage your ears - not sure if i'll do it again.

Anyway, i got around 70 db (corrected) at 25 Hz when compared to a reference of 80 db at 80 Hz. This was about 10-12 feet away in the corner. I think i have a hump in my room at 60 - 100 Hz though. Its definately audible at 25 Hz and even at 22 Hz. Nothing below that but what do you expect for 120 bucks.

Whats interesting is that i tested my fronts (Monitor Audio B4s) and they were able to get to reach 70 db at 22Hz compared to 77 db at 100 Hz. 74 db @ 25Hz. Not sure how they can do it with a pair of 6 1/2" woofers. Must be some serious room gain and they are about 8 feet from me. I'm keeping those babies on "Large" for sure (especially considering my reciever is fixed at 100Hz). Anyway, its all good. I'm going to rest my eardrums now.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
If you want to give your Dayton a workout (and see what it's really capable of), hook up your PC to your home theater and play some DOOM 3. Yowza! :eek: :eek: If anyone's tried it already you know what I mean ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks