What's new

Dayton DVC and Tempest, the same ? (1 Viewer)

DeT

Agent
I currently own one Tempest sub with PE 250W. I want another Tempest, but as I compare the pictures between the Dayton 15" DVC and the Tempest, they look identical on the outside to me!

So are they the same thing ?

thanks

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
They are similar. I think the Tempest has a little more X-max but a higher QTS. Also, the DVC is cheaper I believe.

(edit: it is x-max not x-mas :b

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Justin is right. I've used both, and can say that, "all things being equal," I preferred the DVC. Both are great drivers, but the DVC can be used in smaller boxes, is cheaper, and has better wire terminals.
JP

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Yes, they are very similar but if you are going to use both drivers together then buy another tempest so the T/S parameters are closer to each other.

DeT

Agent
thanks everyone :)

Since the Dayton is cheaper, and both to me is almost the same. I'll go with the Dayton instead :emoji_thumbsup:

David Giesbrecht

Second Unit
Don't get the Dayton the phase response of the Tempest and the Dayton won't be the same! DO NOT cut corners to save a few bucks! If the phase of the drivers don't line up and they are opperating together you will get dips in the response curve.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Like other's are telling you, stick with the Tempest if you already have one.

I the DVC15 is $132.50 plus S&H at PE, at www.acoustic-visions.com the Tempest is $150 shipped so they'll come out to around the same price in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks