What's new

Dayton 8" DVC (1 Viewer)

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone looked at the new Dayton 8" DVC shielded sub driver? 8" sub driver I would like to use a small driver for my bedroom system that many of you were very helpful with. The main goal was (and still is) to keep the size and cost down and still have a listenable system. I have modeled it a little in WinISD and come up with about a 1.5 ft^3 box tuned to 22Hz as my best compromise. I would like to go smaller, but I'm already having problems fitting the vents in at that size box. I like the price and performance of this one, but are there other recommendations for small inexpensive subs?

Thanks again
Dennis_H

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Oh YEAH, BABY!! LOOK AT DEM! Pressure relief holes - just like the cross-drilled rotors on my bimmer! Manly!
Interesting designs - the 4th order has a big group delay at ~32 Hz, but what the heck. Also, an interesting cabinet shape dictated by the l o n g port tube requirement. How 'bout the single-tuned BP that uses a 1" dia port that's 15.43" long? What was that rule of thumb about maximum port length relative to port diameter to avoid s l o w i n g of port sound velocity?
But Manly! I vill haf one or two of dos babies!! And den, I VILL BE BAAHK! :D
Sorry, it must be the rum and Coke.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Hi Dennis

Oh boy Frank:bHank have another! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dennis:
Thats the problem I've run into when modeling a number of 8's also. I posted a thread looking for some "cheap" 10" PRs just to experient with, but seem not to be getting much of any responce...

PE is carrying PP's 2" flared on both ends ports which are nice, but cramming a couple of them in their eats up more darn cf. I certainly don't want chuffing trying to run a single smaller port or even smaller multi ports. I am trying to keep everything on the extreme "cheap", and as small as possible and still get some deep/er output out of a single ported/PR'ed 8".

Frank: I mean Hank: :b
Didn't you I belive, source some "CheaP" 8 or 10" PR's sometime back when you where playing around with the Tang 8"??

Heck even parts to build them I'd look into possibly even picking up..

Cheers
Geoff

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I ended up picking up the Polk PSW202 that was on sale for $100 at CC this weekend. I would have liked a little more power, but this is for the bedroom system that isn't played very loud. Just neede some lower end for the TB w3-871s that I put in. It seems to work OK and I certainly couldn't have built it for that. I may need to 'tweak' it a little with some stuffing, but I think it will be fine for the volumes I'm looking for in there.

Dennis

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Who is Frank???! :angry:
A while back, I was looking for PR's at a price point to match the TB or MCM new long excursion 8" subwoof drivers.
The MCM 12" PR's won't cut it - cheap, but very small Xmax. Can't be done.:frowning:

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Hank I'm sorry, Ghesh who's drinking now! :b :b :b

Thanks Hank:
Ok, you where the one I remember looking for cheap PR's for the TB 8".. Never did here what happened with that project, I do see now!

Thanks
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks