What's new

Dayton 10"/HSU STF-2 (1 Viewer)

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know who these these two compare?
I know the HSU is superior but its also 3x the price and I dont want to shell that out right now.
Is the Dayton a good sub, or do you think I should hold off
Using them with Axiom M22's in a small/medium sized room
with pine floors and a wife who isnt a big fan of shaking the house

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
I have both the Dayton and HSU STF-2 and its hard to really compare the two. The STF-2 produces much cleaner and tighter bass, and goes much lower than the Dayton can ever dream of going. The Dayton is a great sub for $100, but its no match for the STF-2. Is the STF-2 worth three times the price of the Dayton? I would say yes, but maybe 2~2.5 times the price would be more reasonable. The STF-2 is an awesome sub, but the Dayton definitely has better bang-for-the-buck value.

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=3
Dynamic signature images powered by mod_perl running on Apache.
My DVD Collection

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
If you can do the 2? Then imo that would be the way to go then. It will only add pleasure to the experience and be a much longer lasting decision.

If WAF detracts from me spending $$ maybe I can spend yours;)

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
Yes if you can swing it defiantly get the STF-2, but if you really don’t what to spend that much and it will bother your wife a lot then maybe you are better off with the Dayton. But I agree that if you hold out a bit for the HSU you will be happier in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks