What's new

Days of Our Lives Marlena Evans and John Black are off the show (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I haven't watched this show in years! probably not since Kristen Damera (sp?) hired some crazy kook look a like named Susan to give birth to a child and try to pass it off as hers and John Blacks.....

Anyhoo, I just read that John and Marlena are being written off the show as of January due to cut backs with the show. Sad! they have been such a HUGE part of that show forever.

http://soapnet.go.com/soapnet/articl...daysofourlives

I cannot imagine how the fans are going to react.

On that note... I'm glad I don't watch that show anymore, it gave me a headache trying to keep up with everything.

mylan

Screenwriter
I hate to admit it but I did get hooked on Days during college, I would come home and nap before work and watch. I did this for probably two years before actually getting a life. I went through the Roman to John switch, the Stefano and Tony Demaro plots, and of course, Bo and Hope.
It got to where I could tune in every month or so and get caught up but there is no way they can continue without Marlena or John, I.M.O. and it is just sad that the network sees fit to wreck the show like this. It makes one wonder what other cost cutting/show wrecking moves the networks are going to make before the recession ends.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I used to watch this during my lunch break at high school (home was only two blocks away). There wasn't much on and cable hadn't been run to the neighborhood yet.

This was decades ago, back when Marlena had a twin sister. May have watched it twice since then or caught it while channel surfing, but every time I've bumped into it, there she was, something like 30+ years?

mylan

Screenwriter
On a related note, who remembers Deidre Hall as Electra Woman from Electra Woman and Dyna girl?

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
It really does suprise me, because John and Marlenas story is really the central story line of this show. I am amazed that they thought this would be a good idea to kick off two major players in Salem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks