What's new

Daylight Savings time is un-American!! (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thank you for starting this thread. I had totally forgotten about setting the clocks back tonight. Not like I have to be anywhere tomorrow morning, anyway. :)

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
All of you naysayers obviously weren't forced to wake-up at 6:30 in the morning today. Albiet, I'm not used to waking up that early, and I don't do it very often, (I work for my dad in construction whenever I get a chance) but boy is it hard trying to wake up while it's pitch black outside. I only wish we made the switch yesterday so that I'd have more sleep last night.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Michael, there is some jest here! I took flouride pills when I was a kid because the John Birch Society kept floride out of the water here for a long time. I think I've seen DR. STRANGELOVE way too many times too!
Eric, I am working on a new show featuring the Psychotic Friends Hotline. My nephew that does tongue art has become a self-concious teenager and won't pose for the camera anymore. I got him on America's Funniest Home Videos doing his thang a couple of years ago.
I started the thread to remind everybody it was the week to change and because I don't like DST. It seems to me that what made this country great was the right to be stupid. DST cuts into our stupid rights....best wishes!
P.S.- thanks for those great links about DST!!! I know alot more about it than I did yesterday.
------------------
Rachael, the big disc cat! "...Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink water..."
AFI Film Challenge, hey I've only got 1 to go!

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
It is not here in Japan, but most, including me, want it (DST) that is.
Commie plot? Good grief, you people complain too much.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Tomoko, do you drink alot of water? I mean alot? I drink only rain water mixed with pure grain alcahol. I attribute my clarity of thought to this! Call me Ms. Strangelove...best wishes!
------------------
Rachael, the big disc cat! "...Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink water..."

Eric Scott

Second Unit
DST cuts into our stupid rights
Aaawww...Stupid hour! The joy...those carefree moments!
A brilliant statement Rachael.
crazy.gif

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Eric, the right to be stupid is what made this country great! Saddly, those rights are slipping away...child-proof lighters, seatbelt laws, motorcycle helmet laws, no hand-gliding zones, ordiances against bridge & bulding jumping (with those parachutes), narcotics laws, for gosh sake suicide is illegal! DST seems like a minor player on this list that could be much longer.
Robert, my PBF's are proably akin to swampwater! That's my stupd right, I hope? It's, apparently, not up to me, necessarily, anymore. I like being on the group 'W' bench!
------------------

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
---Living in South Florida, I can't wait for this time of the year. The time change is usually just preceded or just followed by the first cold front of the season. Already the temp has dropped 10 degrees into the high 70's---
Drop 10 degrees into the high 70's. Cold front?!!
smiley_jawdrop.gif

It is just too funny to hear someone say a cold front has moved in when the temp. is 78 degrees. I guess for people in Florida the high 70s is cold. :) Around my area "cold front moving in" means -30 degrees Celsius and mumbles of "I thought they said we were suffering from global warming. Well, you coulda FOOLED me!" :)
As for DST, someone forgot to tell the M-I complex that the war ended 56 years ago.

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
Here in Saskatchewan we don't change our clocks either. The most annoying thing is that most of the tv channels are from out east, so programs start an hour later.
But on the plus side, we get our very own time zone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks