What's new

Pre-Order Day The World Ended (1955) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Attachments

• 919iTn0QaEL._SX522_.jpg
    919iTn0QaEL._SX522_.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
View attachment 65940

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

View attachment 65940

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

View attachment 65940

A really neat sci fi thriller from late 1955/early 1956 from the early days of AIP PIctures, known at the time as ARC(American Releasing Corporation). I have the DVD and the picture is okay, but the sound levels are very low on the audio. The blu ray should be a nice upgrade. I'm hoping for some other ARC/AIP titles getting released on Blu ray like The Beast With A Million Eyes and The She Creature.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
A really neat sci fi thriller from late 1955/early 1956 from the early days of AIP PIctures, known at the time as ARC(American Releasing Corporation). I have the DVD and the picture is okay, but the sound levels are very low on the audio. The blu ray should be a nice upgrade. I'm hoping for some other ARC/AIP titles getting released on Blu ray like The Beast With A Million Eyes and The She Creature.

Beast with a Million Eyes was just released:
https://roninflix.com/products/the-beast-with-1-000-000-eyes

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Is this one of the Susan Hart titles? I suspect not.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It is not a Susan Hart title and the Blu-ray isnt coming in March, it will be coming though.. Amazon jumped the gun.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Is this one of the Susan Hart titles? I suspect not.
Its not one of the 5 AIP's owned by Susan Hart. This is from the Arkoff estate they have around 12 titles that Shout can release. Off the top of my head: Machine Gun Kelly, Earth vs. the Spider. War of the Colossal Beast, Blood of the Vampire, The She Creature, Voodoo Woman, Viking Women, How to Make a Monster and several others.
The 5 Susan Hart has are Teenage Werewolf, Teenage Frankenstein, The Amazing Colossal Man, Invasion of the Saucer men and It Conquered the World. Shout does not have access to any of the Hart titles.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Its not one of the 5 AIP's owned by Susan Hart. This is from the Arkoff estate they have around 12 titles that Shout can release. Off the top of my head: Machine Gun Kelly, Earth vs. the Spider. War of the Colossal Beast, Blood of the Vampire, The She Creature, Voodoo Woman, Viking Women, How to Make a Monster and several others.
The 5 Susan Hart has are Teenage Werewolf, Teenage Frankenstein, The Amazing Colossal Man, Invasion of the Saucer men and It Conquered the World. Shout does not have access to any of the Hart titles.
Blood Of The Vampire is not an AIP title. It was released by Universal International in the U.S., but has been mistakenly thought of as a Hammer title.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Blood Of The Vampire is not an AIP title. It was released by Universal International in the U.S., but has been mistakenly thought of as a Hammer title.
Also regarding the AIP titles Shout could release, I am not certain about Voodoo Woman. I do know those others were out on videocassette in the early 1990's, however I don't remember that one ever being officially released on video or if it is one of the others owned by Susan Hart.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Don't forget about Terror From The Year 5000. She owns that one too.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Also regarding the AIP titles Shout could release, I am not certain about Voodoo Woman. I do know those others were out on videocassette in the early 1990's, however I don't remember that one ever being officially released on video or if it is one of the others owned by Susan Hart.
I had Voodoo Woman on VHS with all the others released. Also its currently on Amazon Streaming along with several others with a Shout Factory credit. So they have it.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
111-3.jpg

“Werewolf. Frankenstein. They want to put an end to us. They say we’re through. There’s gratitude. Don’t they realize that the monsters I created from my first Prehistoric Man thru the Spaceman of the Future, why all these, paid for this studio? Made the owners rich and famous. Now they say it’s over. But it isn’t over! I’ll destroy this studio. See it go up in flames before I…. No. No, I’ll destroy them first. And I’ll use the very monsters they mocked to bring them to an end.”--Pete Dumond, American-International Pictures Studio Make-up Artist (Robert H. Harris) from HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER (1958) screenplay by Kenneth Langtry (Aben Kendel) and Herman Cohen, story concept credited to Kenneth Langtry and Herman Cohen, directed by Herbert L. Strock.

Wow!

This is indeed a significant breath through (and one that's long overdue).

DAY THE WORLD ENDED (1956) co-billed with THE PHANTOM FROM 10,000 LEAGUES (1956) was Roger Corman's first major box office smash hit and it is as good as anything (if not better) in that 'other' individual's limited 9 film 1950s AIP collection.

I can hardly wait for HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER (1958) with its spectacular 12 minute colour climax fully restored and digitally remastered in the blu-ray medium to surface.

Other AIP 1950s genre titles in the collection include:

THE SHE-CREATURE (1956) - Paul Blaisdell
THE UNDEAD (1957) - Roger Coman
BLOOD OF DRACULA (1957) - Herman Cohen
EARTH VS. THE SPIDER aka THE SPIDER (1958) - Bert I. Gordon
TEENAGE CAVEMAN (1958) with a pre-THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. Robert Vaughn
WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST (1958) with a colour climax!

Great things are happening!

how-to-make-a-monster-72.jpg

Jeff T.

:)

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I had Voodoo Woman on VHS with all the others released. Also its currently on Amazon Streaming along with several others with a Shout Factory credit. So they have it.
I didn't remember Voodoo Woman being one of the titles released on videocassette by RCA/Columbia back in the early 1990's. I have it on DVD from Rare Nightmare. Of course, not a commercially released title.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
So it appears those titles mentioned should be on blu ray in the not too distant future? What about the status of The Brain Eaters, another AIP title?
111-3.jpg

“Werewolf. Frankenstein. They want to put an end to us. They say we’re through. There’s gratitude. Don’t they realize that the monsters I created from my first Prehistoric Man thru the Spaceman of the Future, why all these, paid for this studio? Made the owners rich and famous. Now they say it’s over. But it isn’t over! I’ll destroy this studio. See it go up in flames before I…. No. No, I’ll destroy them first. And I’ll use the very monsters they mocked to bring them to an end.”--Pete Dumond, American-International Pictures Studio Make-up Artist (Robert H. Harris) from HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER (1958) screenplay by Kenneth Langtry (Aben Kendel) and Herman Cohen, story concept credited to Kenneth Langtry and Herman Cohen, directed by Herbert L. Strock.

Wow!

DAY THE WORLD ENDED (1956) co-billed with THE PHANTOM FROM 10,000 LEAGUES (1956) was Roger Corman's first major box office smash hit and it is as good as anything (if not better) in that 'other' individual's limited 9 film 1950s AIP collection.

I can hardly wait for HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER (1958) with its spectacular 12 minute colour climax fully restored and digitally remastered in the blu-ray medium to surface.

Jeff T.

Wow!

Jeff T.

111-3.jpg

Wow!

Jeff T.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Although I doubt there will be any Blu-ray releases, Shout has added a number of AIP's war movies on their Shout Factory TV channel and a few on Amazon Prime. I watched William Witney's PARATROOP COMMAND recently and it is an excellent example of how to do a WW2 movie on a limited budget. Richard Bakalyan stars. Also added: Edward L. Cahn's JET ATTACK with John Agar & Audrey Totter, HELL SQUAD and OPERATION DAMES.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I didn't remember Voodoo Woman being one of the titles released on videocassette by RCA/Columbia back in the early 1990's. I have it on DVD from Rare Nightmare. Of course, not a commercially released title.
Here is a photo of the rear cover. I remember this VHS well as its the only place I had seen this movie. I had all the VHS releases but sold them 15 years ago. I wish I didn't sell the Susan Hart titles now.

Attachments

• voodoo woman.jpg
    voodoo woman.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 171

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Here is a photo of the rear cover. I remember this VHS well as its the only place I had seen this movie. I had all the VHS releases but sold them 15 years ago. I wish I didn't sell the Susan Hart titles now.
Okay. I didn't know it had been released on VHS back then.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Although I doubt there will be any Blu-ray releases, Shout has added a number of AIP's war movies on their Shout Factory TV channel and a few on Amazon Prime. I watched William Witney's PARATROOP COMMAND recently and it is an excellent example of how to do a WW2 movie on a limited budget. Richard Bakalyan stars. Also added: Edward L. Cahn's JET ATTACK with John Agar & Audrey Totter, HELL SQUAD and OPERATION DAMES.
Why do you think more of these titles won't make it to blu ray?

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Why do you think more of these titles won't make it to blu ray?

I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see them on Blu-ray. I just can't imagine enough interest in these B/W war films to make it worth Shout's expense. Fifties and sixties sci-fi and horror films will support titles like this.
Maybe Shout would release three to four of the titles on standard DVD as a WW2 collection.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see them on Blu-ray. I just can't imagine enough interest in these B/W war films to make it worth Shout's expense. Fifties and sixties sci-fi and horror films will support titles like this.
Maybe Shout would release three to four of the titles on standard DVD as a WW2 collection.
Or they could release them as real value for money barebones twofers – or even threefers – as per Kit Parker's excellent film noir sets. But they won't. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks