What's new

Day of the Outlaw on blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
So, thanks to the great folks at Kino, now available in Region A or Region 1 whichever you prefer to call it.
To be pedantic, it's Zone A. It's Regions for DVD and Zones for Blu-ray discs.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It will always be Region A to me.;)
You are in the majority on this issue and I'm very much in the minority, possibly a minority of one! It is worth remembering that the areas covered by Regions are not exactly the same as Zones.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You are in the majority on this issue and I'm very much in the minority, possibly a minority of one! It is worth remembering that the areas covered by Regions are not exactly the same as Zones.
I was joking! TBH, I think most people like myself use the term "Region" because it's just easier to remember than Zone.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched my MOC Blu-ray of this in its entirety as I have the Kino BD Release on pre-order. This is a really good western, but I always have to be in the right frame of mind to watch it from beginning to end.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched my MOC Blu-ray of this in its entirety as I have the Kino BD Release on pre-order. This is a really good western, but I always have to be in the right frame of mind to watch it from beginning to end.
Well, I watched it again today, but with the Kino Blu-ray. It's a very bleak film, but it's really a great western.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
To be pedantic, it's Zone A. It's Regions for DVD and Zones for Blu-ray discs.
Wrong. It's "region" for both BD and DVD. A simple search will verify this but go straight to the source: the website of the Blu-ray Disc Association. Dozens of times throughout, it refers to "regions" with not one instance of "zone" in this context. This goes right back to their original white paper outlining the specs of the BD format (March 2005).

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Wrong. It's "region" for both BD and DVD. A simple search will verify this but go straight to the source: the website of the Blu-ray Disc Association. Dozens of times throughout, it refers to "regions" with not one instance of "zone" in this context. This goes right back to their original white paper outlining the specs of the BD format (March 2005).
When Blu-ray discs were first introduced, the various areas were designated as "zones" to emphasize the difference between Blu-ray discs and DVDs. If the industry has now changed its terminology, then so be it. it's something I haven't paid attention to because it's unimportant to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks