What's new

? Day of silence at Home Theater Forum ? (1 Viewer)

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I just had a crazy idea.
Given the feelings that many of us will be going
through tomorrow on Sept. 11, I was wondering if
Home Theater Forum will take a break that day and
go off line for "some maintenance".
I love to check the forum very day, but perhaps we
should direct our focus on some other things tomorrow.
A little more time with our families,
a moment thinking about someone special who passed away,
a day to reflect on the things that are important to us.

Just an idea?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I agree with Randy.

Everyone one is free to reflect or remember or remain silent as they see fit, but shutting down the forum would serve no useful purpose.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I think that each individual should come to his or her own decision. Some may find coming here to read and post to be a way to avoid the barrage of 9/11 coverage. Some may come to post thoughts and experiences in the (hint...) After Hours Lounge.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Sorry Enrique, but I agree with Randy on this one. While it a sad day to remember, some people don't want to think of the day with all the sadness and just relex on other subjects. HTF should stay open for people to take their mind off the news for the day.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Just an idea, maybe just for the hour when everything went down.:frowning:
Our plant will shut down all 6 steel tube mills from
9:00 - 9:03.
It turns out to be a very expensive event and
results in more down time than just 3 minutes
to get the mills up, running and calibrated again.
I guess each of us will be doing something in our own way.
Perhaps it is best to just close the thread, thanks.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think we should all remember that day in some way individual to each person. I choose to not watch t.v. since that what will be on all day. I have some movies lined up for tomorrow. I'm sympathetic to the whold thing, heck I felt it in my office and was one of ther last persons that the commuter train back home. To many memories of that day, I want to wash it away with movies.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I want to point out that Sept. 11th is the anniversary of the purchase of my DVD player.

It's also the birthday of my best friend's (best man at my wedding's) daughter.

Both occassions will mark the 3rd year.

I prefer to spend my day at work, then leave to visit my friend and wish his daughter a happy birthday (the official party was last Saturday), and then go home and watch some DVDs with my family.

Throughout the day, I will probably check in here and elsewhere, as normal.

I will also keep an eye/ear out for new concerning the coverage of the anniversary, and to be watchful of nuts who may want to mark the occassion in, uh, destructive ways. But I don't intend to dwell on it. Nor does my father, who lost 7 friends on that dark day. It won't bring anybody back, after all, is our thinking on the matter.

I hope everyone can get through the day tomorrow without sinking into depression, morbidity, or paranoia. After all, the ultimate goal of the deed was to get us to act differently...to be terrified. Let's not give in to that. If we do, they win.

I'll get offa my soapbox now. My best to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks