Day of Defeat 2.0

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Graeme Clark, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Best.... Mod.... Ever
    The new version of Day of Defeat (a WW2 mod for Half-Life) was released yesterday and it is amazing to say the least!
    If you've played the previous versions before, you'll be happy to know that it has been greatly improved, and many of the little things that might have bugged you about the game have probably been fixed or at least changed (I know my major complaints were taken care of).
    If you haven't played it before, you owe it to yourself to give it a try if you're at all interested in team based mods.
    The best change in this version is the new flag and capture system. You can now see instantly what the status of each flag on the map is, and because they are placed in the order that they are laid out on the map, you can actually figure out which flag is which when you become a little familiar with the map. Each flag can also have a different way of capturing them. Some you get instantly, some you need 2 or more people near to capture (which is also shown on the HUD), some you need to be near to a certain amount of time, and others still will require a combination.
    It's a large download (145 MB) so that may put some of you off, but I highly recommend giving it a shot.
    http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Ive been playing this mod for quite some time now. I was so excited to see it [rant]finally[/rant] come out yesterday. It was supposed to come out at the end of Augest.

I love the new MG class. Awesome. Im glad regular weapons make bullet whizz sounds are back. You get into much more now.

I also like the change in how sniping works, no more wanabees pissing me off from afar. Now it actually takes some skill to use the sniper rifle.

The recoil was a little cumbersome. I only got to play it for less than 20mins last night though. Maybe with some time Ill get used to the recoil. I dont really belaive in recoil in games. In real life, soldiers can control weapon recoil. But thats just me.

Anyway, Im gonna play some more of this when I get home from school today.

3. AaronP

AaronP Stunt Coordinator

I also like the new MG and the weapon recoil, however after being hooked on DOD for ages, the sands of time are starting to catch up to it, and I prefer to play RTCW. It took a long time, but there's finally a game to get me away from DOD.