What's new

"Day After Tomorrow" (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So my son wanted to see the movie. He likes the big disaster special effects. So we are watching and then I was thinking about the scene where they are trying to keep the fire going by burning books. Then I thought their are dozens upon dozens of WOODEN chairs and tables. Which would burn longer than the paper. Also, they show the US gov had to setup in Mexico. Yet, at the end when showing the US from space. All of Florida and most of the gulf states are free of ice and snow. why not go there? Yeah, I know these are small nitpicks from a movie filled with science impossibility. Just got me wondering. :)

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
todd s said:
So my son wanted to see the movie. He likes the big disaster special effects. So we are watching and then I was thinking about the scene where they are trying to keep the fire going by burning books. Then I thought their are dozens upon dozens of WOODEN chairs and tables. Which would burn longer than the paper. Also, they show the US gov had to setup in Mexico. Yet, at the end when showing the US from space. All of Florida and most of the gulf states are free of ice and snow. why not go there?Yeah, I know these are small nitpicks from a movie filled with science impossibility. Just got me wondering. :)
Well, it is a Roland Emmerich film...

:)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I argued with a grad school friend about this when the movie first came out. The argument is that books are more dense than wood, so would burn better. I'm not sure that's true. Certainly books are better than loose paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks