Dawson's Creek Season 6 cut as well

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Christian Preischl, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    Well, after the edits in season 5 it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that season 6 has been edited for music rights as well. (Surprisingly enough, the No Doubt songs are all intact.)

Here's the details that dawsonscreekmusic.com have so far:

- "As I Lay Me Down", which was heard 3 times in the first couple of epsiodes, was replaced. It is the song that Joey was waiting for to play on the jukebox and eventually danced with Dawson.

- In episode #605, Busy Phillips' rendition of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" is replaced with an audio track of her song "Bad Times" which was seen/heard in episode #612.

- In episode #612, the scene with Busy Phillips' rendition of "Love Is All Around" was deleted.

- All of No Doubt's songs from the concert appearance remain intact.

- The original theme song "I Don't Want To Wait" (Paula Cole) will be replaced with "Run Like Mad" by Jann Arden. "Run Like Mad" was the song heard during the opening credits of the original Season 1 international airings.

Not much of a surprise, and a fitting send-off to a show that has been treated crappily on DVD in pretty much every way possible (extras, overcompression, cuts, music replacements).

Also note that while the season finale DVD had no song replacements it's very likely that the finale in this set will most likely be affected as well.
    Oh, and as has been reported on tvshowsondvd.com the finale will only be the short version according to Sony, even though the region 2 season 6 release has the long version.

2. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

This thing is still being released? I stopped at season 2! [​IMG]

3. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason

Heh, I gave up after season 1.

4. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Second Unit

Ha! I bought all six seasons. I never saw the broadcast versions so I never new the difference. I love the show and still do.

5. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Disgusting. I stopped at season 2 and then caved in with Season 3 to have some kind of closure. I plan on picking up the series finale disc as well, but I'm really upset with the horrible treatment this series has had on DVD.

BTW, I've heard some of the songs that were replaced on this release on other various TV on DVD releases from other studios. Obviously they're not THAT expensive. I honestly believe this to be a case of "We don't really HAVE to spent another $20,000.00 to get a few more of the original songs... we know people are buying these things cut anyway..."

6. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

surprise surprise

7. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

They are such jerks for doing this. You'd think they would atleast put the original theme song on there. I HATE RUN LIKE MAD! It sounds like a canary that needs to be put out of its misery. And they are so cheap they even cut out seens of the show....I can't believe them. This has to be the worst release EVER.

I would have atleast been semi happy had they gotten the cohones to put the original theme on the last set.[​IMG]

8. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Q: What does the Dawson's Creek dvd series have in common with the state of Wisconsin?

A: It's the cheese.

9. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

well, if it's any consolation... I read that the "Spiderwebs" episode actually contains the No Doubt concert performances... I was expecting Sony to cheap their way out of that.

10. Hank E

Hank E Stunt Coordinator

What exactly do you mean? Was the song replaced or the entire scene deleted?

11. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    Well, just what it says really. The entire performance of "Love is all around" has been cut out completely! The scene surroundimg the song is most likely still intact... if there is a scene surrounding it, I haven't sees the episode since it originally aired since I'm not that big of a fan of season 6, to say the least. [​IMG]

12. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

The same was done with season 5. Clips of Joey performing songs were completely removed. It's not a case of music replacement (that's going on here ALSO... but whatever) but of actually removing whole scenes from the episodes.

13. Hank E

Hank E Stunt Coordinator

Well crap. I was hoping that was not the case...

[​IMG]