What's new

Dawson's Creek Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Has anyone gotten am early copy of this set? Just wondering if this set will have that horrible new theme song on it like the last 2 previous sets.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are officially a couple. He is 16 years older than her. She said when she was young she used to fantasize about her wedding and getting married to Tom Cruise. Looks like this dream might become a reality. They sure picked a good time to announce it. Just a few days before Dawson's Creek Season 5 comes out on dvd. I wonder if this will help with its sales in any way.

She was engaged to her last boyfriend Chris Klein (American Pie) but they broke off the engagement at the last minute. You can see Katie in the new movie Batman Begins which comes to theatres this June.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
All signs indicate that it'll probably have the replaced theme as well.

I'm curious if the final episode of season 6 will have the original theme, since it's included already on the single disc release...

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
You think replacing the theme song is bad? I always had this kind of sad mantra, when reading about the music replacements: At least they're not cut, at least they're not cut.

Well... now they're cut!

Here's the info from dawsonscreekmusic.com

Also note that I seriously doubt episode 5x17 is the only episode they've cut. There's a detailed list of song replacements available at the above mentioned site.
At the time of my writing this, you can already see what songs they have replaced, although the new song titles aren't listed yet. Anyway, here's what it says on episode 5x11:

"Jessie's Girl" - Feel Love Fury
Title/Artist To Be Announced
"Son Of A Preacher Man" - Busy Phillips / Feel Love Fury
Title/Artist To Be Announced

Now, if I'm not completely mistaken, these songs are both performed live, just as the Katie songs are. So I seriously doubt they're gonna be able to replace them.

"Complete Fifth Season" my ass. :thumbsdown:

Chris

Josh_HI

Second Unit
WHAT!?!?! They actually cut things out of the episodes!!!!!! That blows!! That makes me not want to go and buy it.:angry: :angry: It's bad enough they have this crappy new theme on their. The women singing sounds like a dieing bird that needs to be put out of its misery.Grrrr.... The only reason I'm buying this chopped up excuse for a season set is because I have $65 reward dollars from Best Buy and need to burn em buy June....and because I would hate to have all but 2 seasons.:thumbsdown:

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I'm only willing to go so far with this music licensing stuff. Now that they're at the point where they are willing to get rid of entire scenes, I'm at the point where I'm done buying the DVDs. To me, cutting the episodes up isn't an option.

Season four was probably a good stopping point anyway. I guess I should thank them for making the decision easier.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
This is absolutely absurd! How dare they actually remove actual scenes from the episodes! Columbia is the worst studio of *ALL TIME!*

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks