What's new

Dawson's Creek - Season 3... when? (1 Viewer)

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I did a search but didn't see anything regarding the next season.

OK, OK. I might be jumping the gun just a little bit (heh heh... :D ) but has anyone heard any rumors or anything at all regarding when Season 3 might be coming to DVD? I know Season 2 came out not too long ago but my girlfriend and I are pretty big fans. (she's a bigger fan than me, of course :b)

Thanks...

Scott.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I am curious too...

Given the crappy treatment that was given to Season 2, I am wondering if Season 3 will get released. But I hope so! :)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't worry. The release of part 1 was good enough for part 2 (sans the shoddy treatment). I'm sure season 3+ will make it to DVD, the question is if they'll be on cramming 22 episodes on 4 discs with the wrong music again... probably at least for the next season.

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
tvshowsondvd said that season 3 isnt out til august 24th :frowning:

they also said that they are probably gonna be putting it on the same amount of discs

Tanja

Agent
i don't get it.

now i've bought the RC1 (4 disks), season 2 comes out on 6!!!!!! dvd's in europe (so i'll give it a second chance bea
cause i'm not satisfied at all with the RC1 box).

and now they gonna put season 3 in the same 4 disk set? i don't get it :frowning: :thumbsdown:

well whatever: season 3 is (also it's just on the average and nothing compared to season 1-2) the last season i'll get on dvd of DC. and hopefully they want ruin it as the second season

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
man, a six disc set sounds a lot better. Even if the transfer isnt a big improvement, at least the compression problems will be gone.

I was pretty disappointed with the shoddy treatment of the R1 set. But I just found out that season one was made into a 4 disc set for R2, Has anyone had the oppertunity to compare the quality with the R1 set? or has a link to a review somewhere? I scoured google and came up with nothing.

I wonder if theyre going to change the music for R2 as well.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'm stopping with season 3 too... they can do whatever the heck they want with the seasons after that... frankly... I'm just tired of hearing about their poor treatment of TV on DVD...

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
dvdfanatic .com/news.php?id=0404153 *without spaces and with www*

new release date is June 29th instead of August

also have cover art and menu screens

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
wierd, that link isnt working. there is a blank space where the aticle used to be. looks like they pulled it.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

The official announcement date is Monday, April 19th. Sites aren't allowed to post the news until then or they get in trouble with Columbia Tristar.

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Thought it was something like that. Thanks anyway.

Did the news include any specs? Will it be a 4 disc set like the last one?

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
If it is coming out in Aug. then I need to get around to buying Season 2, I already have Season 1 and Series Finale.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Here are the preliminary specs:

DAWSON’S CREEK: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON
More growing pains in Capeside! Dawson, Joey, Pacey, Jen and Jack are back in the third season of this popular, groundbreaking WB show.

• Includes all 23 episodes!
• Features new music selected by the executive producer
• Stars Katie Holmes (Abandon), James Van Der Beek (The Rules of Attraction), Joshua Jackson (Lone Star State of Mind), Michelle Williams (Prozac Nation) and Kerr Smith (Final Destination)
• Demand continues on heels of success of first and second season releases on DVD

Street: 6/29/2004
SRP: $49.95
4 discs

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Man, I hate Columbia/Tri-Star's priority list. They're rushing out 'Dawson's Creek', 'Starsky and Hutch' second season has been announced, not to mention a few new series. But where are the next seasons for shows such as "All in the Family", "The Jeffersons", "Mad About You", etc. They're biting off more than they can chew. Not to mention they'll be bringing out "I Dream of Jeannie", "Bewitched" and "Seinfeld". It just irritates me how they can neglect the existing shows they've started releasing. I'm willing to bet when "Who's The Boss" comes out, it'll be forever and a day (if ever) when we'll see a second season release. I apologize for the rant, but CTS is quickly becoming my least favorite studio, especially as far as priority (or lack thereof) is concerned.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think Dawson's Creek is their best-selling TV property, which could explain why it's high on their list of priorities.

Gord

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Man, it's their highest priority... yet they still release it with 4 discs for 23 episodes!!!:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

and with ALTERED MUSIC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks