Dawson's Creek: I made it on TV ! ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Eckhardt, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Kevin Eckhardt

Kevin Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

I got to be an extra on Dawson's Creek over the summer and the episode aired tonight. (The season premier) I made it on screen for a fraction of a second twice in one scene. (The scene between Pacey and Audrey outside the car with Jack Osborne at the beginning) Nothing major, just me walking in the background, but I am center screen for one of my appearances. I'm also in the background on another scene with Katie Holmes running in front of us. I know which person I am but you can't really make me out since I'm farther away and out of focus.
    Definitely nothing big, but it was my first time being an extra so it was neat to actually see myself in the episode. I feel like Mike in Monster's Inc. after seeing the commercial and the magazine [​IMG]
    Kevin

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I've "made it" in lots of places, but on TV isn't one of them. [​IMG]
    Seriously, congrats. [​IMG]

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

cool! how did you get to be an extra? were you in l.a. just walking the streets, and a guy asked you if you wanted to an extra on dawson's creek?

4. Mark C Sherman

Mark C Sherman Second Unit

[​IMG] This looks a little Like Mike
    "Oh My God...................I was on TV"
    Congrats. where you allowed to talk to any of the cast members? or were you treated Like Cattle? MMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOO.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Dawson's Creek is filmed in North Carolina (see Ken's location), so it's very well possible that Ken had some good fortune in North Carolina and got tabbed to be a "featured" extra on DC.

6. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    You lucky dog! I'd give anything to be that close to Katie Holmes! [​IMG]
    Congrats. [​IMG]
    I only wish I actually watched 'DC'. [​IMG]

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

My thoughts on the 2 hour season premiere:
    I think they should rename the show as either:
    "Dawson's a Creep"
    or
    "Joey's Wonder Years"
    I knew Joey was getting too too happy, so happy that I knew Dawson was going to say something that would pull the proverbial rug out from under Joey. I'm glad Joey gave Dawson the boot.
    Dawson's becoming way too L.A. and casual about relationships nowadays.
    Jack Osbourne showed tremendous acting range last night. [​IMG]
    The rest of the cast were very amusing, through Jenn is destined to have all of the sucky storylines. Where have I seen that guy who got her to the help-center?
    Pacey's got the whole "Boiler Room" storyline going on.
    Pacey's tired as hell. Jack's horny as hell. Grandma's horny as hell. Jenn's mad as hell (at men and the institution of marriage). Audrey is shopping like hell. Joey's sad as hell. Dawson needs to go to hell.

8. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Pl@ my wife said that guy was some soap stars brother...no idea which one though[​IMG]

9. Kevin Eckhardt

Kevin Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

As Patrick said, DC is filmed in NC. All of the sets and stuff are located in Wilmington. "Worthington" is actually Duke (my alma mater), here in Durham. Spring of last year they held an open casting call at one of the local malls since they were going to be filming at Duke. Just for kicks I went, paid the $2 for a Polaroid, and filled out the form. This summer, well over a year later, I got a call one day at work asking me if I wanted to be an extra the next day. I said sure, why not? Along with about a hundred other people I spent most of the day walking around in pseudo-random circles to look like students moving about on the quads as they did take after take, angle after angle. It was a long day, but it was pretty neat to see some of what goes on behind the scenes. Now I've got my tape of last nights episode and a casting company pay stub to put in my scrap book.
    John:
    After one of the takes for the scene with Katie Holmes, she was walking back to her starting point and when she was about six feet away from me she looked at me and smiled. That made my day [​IMG]!

10. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Kevin,
    the hell you say! You got a smile from Katie Freakin Holmes!? [​IMG]
    If that girl flashed that adorable smile at me, I probably would have just fainted dead away on the spot!

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I found out that the possible new guy for Jenn is the same guy who was on Dark Angel (he played Alec/Ben). I knew I'd seen him on another show recently.

12. MarcS

MarcS Stunt Coordinator

Ah, one of the additional pleasures of living in Wilmington... I've seen most of the cast at one time or another here around town--walked by Michelle Williams at the mall, you see them in restaurants, down by the river...

Who plays Joey's sister--can't remember? I was in line next to her at the post office--she's so much better looking in person...I think she actually lives here.

And Jack's sister, the one that went a bit crazy? Can't remember her name either, but one night she and maybe her boyfriend, and what looked to be her parents were in a small restaurant downtown--it was fun to watch when the bill came--ok, who's going to fight for it? Does she make more than her parents? Maybe her boyfriend is rich? It's not like the check could've been that expensive... I think her boyfriend paid...

According to our local paper, this is probably the last season...since I blew off cable, and satellite doesn't carry WB--I won't see it this year...it's been fun recognizing all the local scenery.

13. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Thank Yew!

15. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

I recommend to anyone who is interested in intelligent (or at least enjoyable reading) to check Logan Crawford’s weekly review of Dawson’s Creek here:
    http://www.wbscoop.com/tv/articles/d...ticle_id=72803
    It’s a must read and quite enjoyable. I have never seen anything like this before. It’s a year now that I read his writings. Normally any forums or writings related to Dawson’s Creek is always followed by name callings or fights over P/Jers and D/Jers! The little kids stuff!