What's new

Dawson's Creek - First Season impressions. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
Man O' Man.. am I excited...

Call me crazy but I really dug the first few seasons of this show.. I mean.. its about a guy that is crazy over movies and wants to be a director. I remember that Tues nights was Dawson's night.. where nothing got in the way.

Anyone else going to buy this?

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I will eventually...I dunno, I always remembered this show striking a chord with me as well...of course I was in high school as well when this show started. I'm not sure I'm ready to revisit that yet....

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
It will be nice to go back to the "heyday" of the show, especially since it is doing its best to back out the exit door sheepishly lately (well, for the past four years). I'm sure that I'm not in a minority when I say that the first two seasons (possibly the third too) will sell ok, but after that it'll fall flat. I'll buy all of them (if I have the chance...) though.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
The show started dying the second that Williamson left. It instantly became "just another teen soap", and it's never truly recovered. The feel of the show was just gone. I'm ashamed to admit that the only reason I've continued to watch the show is that angelic bundle of beauty called Katie Holmes :b, and that is why I'll pick up all six seasons, if they're released.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Ok, I got season 1 and watched it (season 1 is 13 episodes and the later seasons 24 or 26 I think for anyone who doesn’t know!). My initial plan was to get season 1, maybe season 2 and avoid at all costs later seasons. I have to say I’m surprised I had forgotten how good season 1 is and is written! It’s smart, funny and intelligent and the fact that it is only 13 episodes, makes it better because they didn't have to stretch things too much. Season 1 is Dawson’s Creek. The story is so well developed and complete that it feels that it truly ends at the end of season one. It’s not a competition between Dawson and Pacey. It’s about the age of innocence and once you see the entire season 1 again back to back, you just know that there is no need for more. Now I have absolutely no desire to get even the season 2. I don’t care that much either what happens at the end of this season (6) (the finale of the show written by Williamson himself!). Just curious and I will watch it! Making season 2-6 was pretty unnecessary! I didn’t know that I could watch season 1 a second time and still enjoy it this much! Go get it!

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah this season is really knocking me off my feet. I saw it when it came out but appreciate it so much more now, at least the whole movie thing and what not. Who would have thought.....me, a sort of adult, really getting back into Dawson's Creek. The world of films and t.v. shows is a real fun and interesting place sometimes.

-Eric

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting the first 3 seasons. Season 2 ends on a cliff-hangerish episode, but season 3 wraps some things up nicely.

Season 1 also is pretty good at wrapping up, but there are plenty of season 2/3 memorable episodes.

Rob Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
I only got this set yesterday. So far I've watched the first episode and listened to it's commentary (and watched Joey's song in the Beauty Contest). I enjoyed the episode and commentary but I'm a little disappointed in the video quality.

I'll probably get all the seasons they release. I remember really liking Jack and Andie in season 2. Season 5 wasn't great but the completist in me will want it anyway. I haven't seen any of Season 6 yet (its not playing here at the moment).

Debbie E

Stunt Coordinator
I got it as a blind buy and wasn't impressed. I'm in the middle of the second show. The only reason I'm keeping it is because of Van Der Beek :drool:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching the daily 4 hours of Dawson's Creek on TBS (8 a.m. to 12 p.m. - they are now into the first month of season 3).

Season 2 is a bit better (and has a helluva finale), but I did like Season 1.

Season 3 seems a bit on the preposterous side (w/r/t plot development), but I enjoy the characters so I'll stick with it.

I started watching since the last half of season 4, so it's pretty cool to see how it all started, and how things developed among the main cast of characters.

Also, I think I like Pacey's arc more than anyone else on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread