Dawn of the Dead?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Larkin, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

A while ago, I saw this on IFC along with a making of... documentary. Whats the story with this on DVD. It appears that it was on DVD at one time but now seems to be OOP.

I did a search and found nothing specific on this title except for a possible re-release. Does anyone have any specific info on what we might get?

2. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Anchor Bay has it slated for a Fall/Winter 2003 release. Multiple cuts of the film and tons of extras. I believe it's gonna be a 3-disc set.

3. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/future

4. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I believe the documentary Patrick is speaking of is available on Synapse (?) DVD.

5. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Yeah, it's called "Document of the Dead" and it is indeed available on DVD from Synapse, although I hear that it may wind up on the "Dawn" 3-disc set as well.

6. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

Document of the Dead will definitely end up on the 3-disc, even though it's not so much a making of Dawn. It covers many apsects of George Romero and his career in general. [​IMG]

7. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

Hmm...Rich Romero...George A. Romero...Coincidence?

8. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Sorry, they're not related. Sort of like that Bruce Campbell guy that's on this board that's not the real deal either. [​IMG]
    Seriously, I'm glad on holding off the previous purchase. I proudly proclaim that unlike most people on this board, I like Dawn of the Dead beause it's this fantasy I have of running amok inside a shopping mall. That and there's zombies to be blown up. [​IMG]

9. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

Yup, they blowed up real good!

I've been holding out for this one for years. I can't wait until it finally comes out. The thing I like about Romero's "Dead" films (even DAY) is that they're all different in tone and style. NIGHT is like a Hitchcock film. DAWN is allegory. DAY is more of a testosterone-fest. Although DAY was sorely under-financed, I still feel that it's effective.