What's new

Dawn of the Dead? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
A while ago, I saw this on IFC along with a making of... documentary. Whats the story with this on DVD. It appears that it was on DVD at one time but now seems to be OOP.

I did a search and found nothing specific on this title except for a possible re-release. Does anyone have any specific info on what we might get?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Anchor Bay has it slated for a Fall/Winter 2003 release. Multiple cuts of the film and tons of extras. I believe it's gonna be a 3-disc set.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/future
"George Romero's masterpiece is coming back to DVD in a big way. Featuring newly re-mastered widescreen transfers (16x9 enhanced), new DTS & Dolby EX Surround Sound, all-new cast & crew interviews, all-new audio commentary tracks, trailers, poster & still galleries and more! Available separately will be the original Theatrical Version and the Extended (Director's Cut) Version. Also available will be a special multi-disc box set including an exclusive presentation of the ZOMBI version of the film from Europe. Expect more announcements in the coming months, and please note all features at this point are tentative and subject to change. Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired."
A fair while off, but I suspect that Anchor are going to try and deliver a truly definitive set. They're probably aiming for pristine transfers of all cuts and are ploughing the archives for materials and conducting lots of interviews for the set. DTS 6.1 ES mix - no messing with Anchor is there?! :D
In the meantime, there are some superb titles coming out soon from Anchor... :emoji_thumbsup:
Gordy

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I believe the documentary Patrick is speaking of is available on Synapse (?) DVD.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's called "Document of the Dead" and it is indeed available on DVD from Synapse, although I hear that it may wind up on the "Dawn" 3-disc set as well.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Document of the Dead will definitely end up on the 3-disc, even though it's not so much a making of Dawn. It covers many apsects of George Romero and his career in general. :)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Hmm...Rich Romero...George A. Romero...Coincidence?

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, they're not related. Sort of like that Bruce Campbell guy that's on this board that's not the real deal either. :D
Seriously, I'm glad on holding off the previous purchase. I proudly proclaim that unlike most people on this board, I like Dawn of the Dead beause it's this fantasy I have of running amok inside a shopping mall. That and there's zombies to be blown up. :laugh:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Yup, they blowed up real good!

I've been holding out for this one for years. I can't wait until it finally comes out. The thing I like about Romero's "Dead" films (even DAY) is that they're all different in tone and style. NIGHT is like a Hitchcock film. DAWN is allegory. DAY is more of a testosterone-fest. Although DAY was sorely under-financed, I still feel that it's effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks