Dawn of the Dead -- Not until HALLOWEEN 2004?!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_WM, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Just a note...
    In the new issue of VIDEO STORE I received today (9/7-9/13), there is an article about Horror Movies and how sales are doing quite well as of late. They mention the newly released DAY OF THE DEAD, and much to my horror (no pun intended) it says, "By next Halloween, Anchor Bay hopes to have a special edition of DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) ready."

HALLOWEEN?? SAY IT AIN'T SO ANCHOR BAY!!!!!!!

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I'm pretty sure Anchor Bay has first quarter next year listed, so until I hear otherwise from Anchor Bay I'll go with that.

3. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

Ugh... that better not be true. I'm sick and tired of the delays for this release. We were originally supposed to get it earlier THIS year! I'll be really pissed if I have to wait a whole 13 months more for it. I was really counting on that February release date.

4. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    The last I heard they were still working on the extras. Apparently the V/A are done and ready to go. I want this in Feb. as well but I'll certainly wait to avoid any problems like the DAY and HALLOWEEN releases.

5. Shawn_Sek

Shawn_Sek Stunt Coordinator

i dont mind waiting, JUST GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME! after Halloween and Day of the Dead, im concerned about this, Dawn of the Dead is the one i care about most.

(plus its my local mall)

6. earl_roberts

earl_roberts Stunt Coordinator

Wow, are they trying to outdo Warners with their Goodfellas and Blade Runner discs?

7. Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson Second Unit

Yeah, let them take their time on this one and do it right. I was disappointed with Halloween, though I don't really mind the minor audio changes in Day. It's better to wait another year then to have them mess up the first release and then do another one a few years later. Well, they still may do another one a few years later, but lets have them do the first one right, too! [​IMG]

8. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Gah! That better not be true! [​IMG]

I'm with Shawn and Dave - I want them to do it right, but waiting until October 2004 would be a real drag.

Getting the video and audio (Dolby 5.1 EX, DTS 6.1 ES, original mono) right must have been a bitch for the three cuts of the film: 127-minute US Theatrical, Dario's 118-minute European version and the 139-minute 'Director's Cut' version. What exactly is the state of the negative(s) for the film - and each version of the film?

I really hope they nail every aspect of the set and deliver the definitive edition of the film for home theater.

Shawn, that's so cool that you live the near the mall! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Gordy

9. Estevan Lapena

Estevan Lapena Stunt Coordinator

Isn't the american release considered to be "THE DIRECTORS CUT"?

10. AlanBrom

AlanBrom Second Unit

Adam, does the article mention anything about how well MGM's Midnite Movies line is doing, and if we can expect more in the future?

Thanks.
    Alan

11. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

AlanBrom, no it does not. Sorry.

12. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    Don't get worried just yet... This is VIDEO STORE MAGAZINE we're talking about. They don't exactly have a terrific 'fact-checking' department, as I've learned in the past.

13. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I know for sure I'm getting the 3 Disc edition, no matter the cost. Anchor Bay knows how many fans this has, if they screw it up then they've pretty much lost all respect.