What's new

Dawn of the Dead Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Derek Faber

Stunt Coordinator
He's saying, "Appreciate this movie, or else!!! Zombies may come, for you!"

Well, count me in as I truly love this movie in it's gory simplicity.

Better than Night of the Living Dead.

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Best movie of the series. Can barely remember Day of the Dead, though. Wasn't there supposed to be a fourth movie after Day?

Angel

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I just finished watching this before logging on to the internet! My favorite of the three Romero zombie flicks.

Romero's finished the script but hasn't been able to get it financed.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Dawn of the Dead is an excellent late-night movie. The whole mall setting really sets this movie apart. How about those zombies on the ice-skating rink?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Still, as fun as this flick is, I love the first one more than the others. And I even like the Savini remake of Night better. Yet, those scenes in the tractor-trailer cab, and those living-dead nasties taking a bite of leg--ugh! One cool late-night kind of flick, as you say.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
:crazy: ...umm...I like it?
Hell, I can go see the very same "Consumer Zombies" wandering glassy eyed around any mall today.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
FILMDawn.JPG

StephenA

Screenwriter
Awesome movie. I even got it on DVD. Don't see gore like this in movies these days. Dawn is also my favorite of the Dead trilogy.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Not as good as the excellent DAY OF THE DEAD (my fav of the trilogy), but still an absolutely wonderful zombie film! Definitely a huge favorite!

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Yes, gotta love the little noises in the mall music.. "whooooop! dooooooouup!"
"Dawn" is my favorite; it still invokes in me a sense of dread... the thing that was great about this movie (as opposited to "Day" in particular) was the familiar and benign setting of the mall, which apart from all the symbolism (which, let's admit, isn't exactly subtle).. the mall provided a brilliant counterpoint to all the slack-jawed zombies wandering around... it made them sadder, too.
I didn't like "Day" as much, I though the dialogue (and all the yelling and screaming among the psychotic soldiers) just kept going on and on.. I will say that "Day" had a brief hilarious shot of a zombie clown, which is just too scary and cool for words.
Steve

Berk

Stunt Coordinator
Beyond a doubt, Dawn of the Dead is one of the best (THE BEST, in my opinion) zombie movies ever made! Just check out eBay to see how much fans are willing to pay for the out-of-print DVDs of this flick. Why they have not come out with a definitive DVD of this movie is beyond me!

I hear that Anchor Bay is planning a 2-disc set to come out late 2002/early 2003. It will most likely be similar to the recent Night of the Living Dead DVD - having all the features of the previous two, and currently out of print, DVDs.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Count me in as a fan of Dawn of the Dead. A true classic. And I mean that. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And I mean that.
You wouldn't lie to us now, would you Steve? :)
Really, I love this movie, and I love how it de facto time warps us back to the tacky 1970s. A vast, prefab shopping mall is the perfect place for this sort of action.
Doesn't anyone here, though, like Tom Savini's 1990 remake of Night?

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Tom Savini's remake? Ugh! You are joking, aren't you Jack? ;)
I still prefer the original Night of the Living Dead over Dawn of the Dead, though only by a slim margin. "Dawn" still has one of my favorite gore scenes...the zombie getting his scalp lopped off by the helicopter rotors. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AaronChi
Recent bookmarks