What's new

Dawn of the Dead (2004) - R3 HK (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I read in the Software section that the Director's Cut of the new Dawn of the Dead film has already been released in Hong Kong. Does anyone know a reliable online store to buy this from? I wouldn't mind picking it up early.

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
I received mine last week. Comes in a normal keepcase. Great transfer and audio all the way around, exactly how I remembered it from theaters. I only watched about 20 or so minutes so far though, my in laws coudln't take the gore. I plan on watching the rest this week or weekend. I can't see any reason not to pick this one up yet. I ordered mine from Yesasia and it took about a week to get to me in Washington.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I got mine today, it took exactly 7 days. Watched it this afternoon, the director's cut was only slightly different with a bit of added gore and a few new/extended scenes. This is definitely one of the better action movies to come out in the last few years, it is a lot of fun. Its also good to have it early and pay the same price as I would have for the R1 edition.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Anyone seen the Korean version of this?

Doesn't seem to be the director's cut though...

I just ordered my HK copy from Play-Asia!

:}

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Quick question for Julian, Kris, Nick or anyone who recieved their copy already:

Is the Asian text in black on the front of the DVD a sticker or is it on the actual cover itself?

James N

Grip
I order mine Saturday night, and received it this morning, via CD-WOW!. Within three working days--not bad! It cost 17 Euro, so that'd work out around 21 dollars, I think.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Is this exactly the same disc that will be released in R1 in october? Are guys ordering it basically to get it early, or are their features exclusive to the R3?

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Jeremy: I would ask for double confirmation, but it's my understanding that it is the same disc for all three regions mentioned and yes, the only advantage is an early release (couple of months).

I took advantage of this and have seen it twice...first time on my own and second for some of the buds. I'll probably watch a third time in the next couple of months too. I really enjoyed this movie in the theater and the home presentation is great in sound and PQ.

Ron

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered the region 3 dvd from a site in england about a week and a half ago and finally recieved it this morning.I thought it was a bit strange that the title on the spine rread from bottom to top instead of the normal reading it from top to bottom.It was only when I turned the box around to look at the back that I realised that it was in fact a german region 2 version and the cover was in bloody german!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanx for the info. guys. Just ordered. WOO-HOO!
One of my recent faves. And my friend Mike never saw it.
The 1st 10 minutes was one of the best openings to a horror flick in a LONG time IMHO.

:) D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks