What's new

Pre-Order Dawn of the Dead (2004) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81eneYjEMPL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I knew this would happen....after I replaced my full screen DVD with Scream's Blu-ray, I had a feeling it was a matter of time until the 4K version was released. Can't see me upgrading to the 4K though, being that the scan for the 1080p version is pretty nice (if not reference), even though I absolutely ADORE this remake.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Anyone here looking forward to this release come next year? As I said, I'll probably be skipping it because the somewhat expensive Collector's Edition Blu-ray from Scream Factory looks good enough to my eyes (and I'm a rabid fan of this film), but I'm sure it will sell like hot cakes.

The Exorcist is also poised for a 50th anniversary release on UHD Blu-ray in 2023, and that's another one I'm on the fence about, given that the original digibook Blu-ray is such a comprehensive and satisfying package (I always felt this film, albeit bogged down by its grainy photography/stock, needed a top to bottom restoration to clean up many parts that collapse into noise and softness, to say nothing of some other issues), but if Warner does indeed remaster this scan from scratch, adding an effective HDR pass and cleaning up some of the noisier parts of the film, I may consider the 4K upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks