What's new

Dawn of the Dead 1978 (Ultimate Edition) -- Question (1 Viewer)

I had Dawn of the Dead "Director's Cut" which is now out of print on DVD. I wanted to purchase the Ultimate Edition, but I wanted to know if one of three versions included in this box set is also the "Director's Cut" version.

The box says US Version, Australian Version, and Extended Version.

I would just like to know if any if these versions is the now out of print "Director's Cut."

Thank guys! :)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

The Extended Version is the Director's Cut. Romero prefers the US cut of the film. Also it isn't the Australian Version it is the European cut of the film, I don't know where you got the idea of an Aussie version.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
George, the "director's cut" you have is included on the new UE set. However, "director's cut" is a poor label. What you have is actually the extended cut. Romero's true preferred cut, and hence the "directors cut" is the theatrical version. Im not sure what the austrialian version is, perhaps a typo. They probably meant Italian (european) Cut.

What the new UE has is

THEATRICAL CUT (directors preferrred version)
EXTENDED CUT (rough cut prepared prior to theatrical cut)
EUROPEAN CUT ( shortend version edited by Dario Argento)

In any case, all the info you could possibly want is in this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks