Dawn & Day Of The Dead are new releases coming soon?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MaxY, Mar 12, 2002.

1. MaxY

MaxY Guest

I was pretty sure that I had heard that new releases for both Dawn of the Dead in full blown SEs were coming from Anchor Bay and I was just wondering with the release of Night Of The Living Dead if they were still in the works.

I have been tempted by an out of region multi disc set of Dawn of The Dean (Zombie as it is called in Europe) so I figured I would check first.

2. Greg_D_R

Greg_D_R Stunt Coordinator

Mar 11, 2001
    Max, AB has announced that they will release a 3-disc SE of Dawn, I think before the end of the year, but no date was given. I have heard nothing official about a re-release of Day, but it is a rumor that uh, won't seem to die...

As far as the Dutch Filmworks 2-disc goes, you may want to hold off, unless you are a diehard Romero zombie fan like myself. It is nice to have the extended 'directors cut', the Argento cut (fullscreen), and The Document of the Dead, but picture and sound are nothing to write home about on any of them.

In addition, an Italian disc (PAL R2) of the Argento cut (Zombi) was recently released in anamorphic widescreen, and with a 5.1 soundtrack. Admittedly, I haven't given this one a proper viewing yet, but the picture quality is still not as good as it could be, and the 5.1 "remix" seems pretty cheesy and boomy. I'll report in more detail when I've watched the whole thing.

The current AB Theatrical Version of Dawn is by far the best disc available, IMO.
  3. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Well then I guess I will be holding tight with my current discs in hand and hope for the best.

One thing I do want is the Argento cut on the AB SE if they do release it.