What's new

David Lynch's Webstore (1 Viewer)

Josh Pounds

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any idea as to when the webstore is going to open? I need a few shiny metal discs to successfully maintain my tenuous grip on my psychosis.

Chris Clark

Agent
According to Lynch, via the latest news at Link Removed, it would be open close to February 1st.
My wallet is bracing for it.
-Chris

John CW

Supporting Actor
I can't wait either!

Interesting comments about the soundmix on the new FWWM disc though. What does everyone else think? I know DL and his engineer John Neff were heavily involved in remixing the soundtrack, what changes have been made?

~ John

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I too am anxiously awaiting the Lynch store grand opening. I wonder if his Early Short Films DVD is ready to go on sale as well.

Gregory

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
While we're on the subject, for those of you who aren't members of davidlynch.com yet, JOIN ALREADY!! If you are into David Lynch's films, it is really worth the $10/month. There are three series that will be running on the site. The first one has already been launched, and it's hilarious. Plus, David is in the chat room almost every day, to chat and answer questions. Justin Theroux (the actor who plays the director in Mulholland Drive) and composer Angelo Badalamenti pop in as well.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The problem is the system requirements; you can't use it with NT (which I have at work) or you need a fairly recent Pentium chip (still chugging along at home just fine with a P54, thanks). Since I have no access at these requirements, it's of no use to me. I can understand Lynch wanting to have high standards, but he's cutting himself off from my money, which I'd gladly spend it on his site. :frowning:

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
The web log on davidlynch.com has an entry dated 2.5.02 announcing that the web store will open on 2.11.02, next Monday.

I can't wait.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
David Lynch told us the other day that the store will have his Shorts DVD, with the Eraserhead DVD following shortly. He also mentioned that the documentary "I Don't Know Jack" (Nance) by Richard Green ('there is no band' guy in Mulholland Drive) might be available through his store in the future as well.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Excellent Michael. Thanks for the info. He should put a Lynch chat transcript section up on DL.com somewhere. :)
Gregory

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
can you get into the store without membership?

Have a NT at work and still setting up my new computer at home

Matt Everett

Stunt Coordinator
I can access the link to the store, where I get a "workin' on it" image. I can't imagine Lynch would limit the sale of his movies to those that pay the $10 a month. He'd lose money that way.

Lawrence Davis

Stunt Coordinator
The original idea was to give paying members a first shot at buying new stuff. I think the new CD (yes, CD) would be availble to members only for the first week, then to everyone else. Ditto for the DVD's. I don't know if they will or won't stick to that, but you don't have to be a member to buy stuff. Worst case scenario is you have to wait a week.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Well, they are on Pacific Time so I'd assume it'd be later today, if at all.

And from another post I read, the Eraserhead DVD won't be available right away - only the shorts.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
The David Lynch webstore is now open!

The short films DVD ships on Feb. 18 and costs $39.94 + S&H. The disc includes: Six Men, Getting Sick, The Alphabet, The Grandmother, The Amputee, The Cowboy & The Frenchman and Lumiere.

Eraserhead is also $39.94 + S&H, but may not ship until April 1.

I've been trying to place an order for a while now, but it seems that the system is having some problems.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Ouch, $40 bucks a pop. I thought these might be reasonably priced since Lynch is selling these direct, bypassing any middlemen.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
The store must really be having some problems, because now the "Working On It" screen is back. When I tried to place my order, the system could never actually see my shopping cart. I guess that's what happens when you build your online store in Flash. :rolleyes:
Ouch, $40 bucks a pop. I thought these might be reasonably priced since Lynch is selling these direct, bypassing any middlemen.
Considering the cult status of these films, I expected a higher price than we are used to from the larger studios. I'm not sure how expensive it is to actually produce a DVD, but I expect it is easier for a studio to take a loss on a poorly selling disc than it is for an independent filmmaker to do so.
As long as the quality is excellent, these discs will be worth the extra money for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks