What's new

David Lynch's 'Short Films' dvd (1 Viewer)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
How is it? Being a big Lynch fan, I was wondering if this would make a good blind buy. Can someone describe to me, in mild detail, what the films are, how long they are, how good the dvd is, and most particularly, how good the films themselves are? How do they compare to his feature films? Do they have "cool Lynch music" (you know what I'm talking about, those groovy pop tunes, those great Badalamenti scores, the noise walls, etc).

The Lynch films I've seen, btw, are Blue Velvet, Mulh. Dr., Straight Story, Twin Peaks S1, and Elephant man. MD is far and away my favorite.

I'm also considering getting Eraserhead blind, simply based on its good reputation. Is this a wise decision?

Any comments are welcome.
Thanks,
Nathan

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
The films themselves are more along the lines of Eraserhead than any of his other feature films. Very Student/Experimental with the exception of the Cowboy and the Frenchman, which is comparable to an Episode of "On the Air"

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The short films don't have much for scores. As on Eraserhead, the soundtracks largely consist of industrial noises. Lots of goopy visuals (not to mention loopy), but shall we say short on plot. Don't go into them expecting anything like what you've seen.

Do a search for the Eraserhead thread, where I have my test for whether you should do a blind buy of Eraserhead---though at least you've passed the part about liking Lynch movies in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks