What's new

David Lynch's Hotel Room coming? (1 Viewer)

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
this was posted at www.lynchnet.com hopefully it will turn out to be true.

Hotel Room comes to DVD?

LynchNet reader Shane sends in the following tidbit about the possibility of Hotel Room coming to DVD in the US:

"A few weeks back I attended a midnight screening of Wild at Heart at the fantastic 4star theatre in San Francisco. Barry Gifford was in attendance, and he shared some anecdotes and memories of working on the novel and film with David Lynch. It was a fantastic experience-- he had some great stories...and some cool news. Barry said that David has acquired the rights to the 2 segments of Hotel Room that he and Barry worked on, and that the DVD will hopefully be available thru DL.com this year. The best part--it will be a full, uncut, 1-hour long ver. of 'Blackout'."

I'd still put this in the rumor category until an official release is announced, but if this pans out this is great news for a Lynch title that otherwise might have slipped through the cracks with the major studios' dvd releases.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Lynch was quoted in his chat room that he had NOT acquired the rights to Hotel Room. Sorry to disappoint.

from the dugpa.com message board:

littleman [7:56 PM PST]: David : I have just remebered a question on a lot of peoples lips : have you aquired the rights to Hotel Room and is it eventually going for sale in the store on DVD?

DAVIDLYNCH [7:56 PM PST]: LITTLEMAN - NO I HAVEN'T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks