What's new

David Letterman (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
To keep this thread from becoming another political debate, I will fight the urge to comment on David_LM's remarks. I will just say I don't agree with his opinions on David Letterman. I think all the talk show hosts handled their first night back with good taste and great dignity.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
i find myself watching the tonight show more for who he has on and not for Jay.
Just an opinion but i have a hard time listening to jays rather bad/cheezy monolouges
I have the opposite reaction... I love his monologues (well, stand-up comedy is moe like it), but his interviews are just painful... I hate Dave's monologues and everything else he does by himself, but his interviews are good.
Which works out perfectly, because after Jay's opening monologue I can switch over to Dave's interview. :)
I didn't watch Dave on Monday, and the website clips don't work for me (don't know why), but Jay had a good show on Tuesday, IMO.
/Mike

David Oliver

Second Unit
What was Dave's show like on Tuesday? I saw Monday and started thinking about how Tuesday would be, because I thought that might actually be a harder show to do. But for some reason my cable box stopped working and I didn't get to see it.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Dave had Bryant Gumbel (sp) who was just OK and Dennis Leary who made an appeal for firefighters. The performance of "Time" by Tori Amos was probably the best aspect of the show, and it had Dave crying again at the end. He did a few jokes and seemed very hesitant to do even those. Bryant praised him for doing the top 10 again, which was very innocuous... top ten things that almost rhyme with hat.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

JeffH

Auditioning
I agree in that Dave and the show was very well done and heart felt. He was the first one on the air back and Leno was the next day. It was nice to see their personal side and Dan Rather too. We are only human and the fact they didn't care to shed a tear in public or let others see their feelings made it one of the greatest shows I've seen.
On a personal note, I saw Leno last night and think he is a little off target with some of his jokes right now. At this time I don't think many want to hear jokes at others expense like the one made about Ann Hache (sorry if I miss-spelled it). I think cracking jokes about someones problems is not what we need.
Letterman on the otherhand was pretty well on the mark. He did a funny segment on stump the band with a song. It was very light hearted and enjoyable to witness. His show seems to be more on track to me.
Jeff

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
I loved these segments and I want to share this show with some people who don't have DSL. Can someone please make me a copy of this show? Please? :)
Thanks....

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Today's (10/1) New York Times has an interesting feature on Letterman's return and the overwhelmingly favorable reactions to it. My favorite line is from exec producer Rob Burnett:
"He hates the shows, as always," Mr. Burnett said. "The president and the mayor have said we need to get back to normal, so Dave is doing his best by hating the shows."

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Does anyone have a copy of the audio file of Dave's monlogue from 9/17? For some reason, CBS did not choose to archive it on their site. I missed it, and would like to hear it.
I wonder if they'll ever repeat the show on air?
Thos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks