David Lee Roth & Sammy Hagar TOUR?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

This has been reported for quite a while now, especially here. And I thought it would be strange for those two to stand on the same stage when Van Halen get inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

3. Derek O

Derek O Auditioning

4. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

Now if they can only get Michael Anthony to play bass for this tour.

This is the funniest thing that I have heard in regards to the Van Halen saga. After good success with both Roth and Hagar, and dismal sales with Cherone (sp?) during his brief stint, Van Halen (Eddie specifically) deserves what they got. Don't get me wrong I've always enjoyed the music by Van Halen, but I didn't like Eddie's ego.

This tour could be the "straw that broke the camel's back" for Van Halen. I mean, the band's most popular frontmen more than likely will not return to the band, but will actually tour together performing Van Halen songs. If I had a choice of either seeing "Hagar & Roth" or Van Halen (with whoever is their frontman) I would choose "Hagar & Roth".

Just another little tidbit of information that I heard from an interview, I heard that Roth is going to open up his set with "Hot for Teacher".

5. Jimmy Nugent

Jimmy Nugent Stunt Coordinator

Maybe they should bill it as the "Sans Halen" tour...

6. Jeff Keene

Jeff Keene Supporting Actor

7. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I actually heard that that's what they were doing, though I don't know if it's actually true.

8. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

This is so great. [​IMG] I wish it were coming east.

9. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I'm reviving this thread to tell you all... I went to the Sam & Dave show this past weekend. Sammy can still bring it.. Dave sounded a little rough, but still sounds like old VanHalen.

I have a question.. is that an act or is David Lee Roth really that full of himself? I mean, I read an article where he said he was "as familiar as the McDonald's arches.. or the Nike swoosh". Then, during the show, the cameras for the Jumbo-tron were on him 99.9% of the time while Sammy had his cameras in the crowd and his bandmates most of the time.

10. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I don't think it's an act, I think Dave is just a gargantuan egomaniac of unbelievable proportions. And in many ways a fraud as a musician I will add (though that's just my opinion of course).

Sammy can rock the house like a mother trucker.

11. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I just read the review of the show I saw Saturday:
    Click ME
    It's interesting, Dave seems to really have a sense of humor if you watch some of his videos. At times it's almost like he's mocking the whole rock scene. I just makes me wonder if his ego is just part of his act... sort of the Andy Kaufmann of rock-n-roll: The guy you love to hate.

12. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

Interesting review. I'd always thought if Dave could tone down his shenanigans who really could be a great singer. Ice Cream Man is a very good example of this.

Too bad I can't afford to go to this show if it comes to my area. I have to save up dough in case Shania Twain comes to Boston any time soon. My 4 1/2 year old loves her and is dying to see her in concert......So she can dance to her music....It really is cute.