David Gray concert DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Donald Lagasse, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Donald Lagasse

Donald Lagasse Stunt Coordinator

I heard that there is a new David Gray concert DVD out.... anyone out there have any opinions on the DVD? And by the way I tried to do a search for David Gray. Then I did a search for David AND Gray. I was unsucessful but I did find everything that had the word David in it. Any help you can offer on how to perform this search would be helpful.

Thanks

2. Phong

Phong Agent

David Gray, Live At The Point is an excellent purchase, both as a DVD and as a concert. The DVD features a good documentary called Up To A Point, which follows David Gray around for a few days before the concert. The concert itself is excellent, and captures the feeling at one of his shows well. The camera crew stuck cameras in really odd places, and it turns out to be really neat to be that close to the musicians.
    David Gray has played almost the same setlist for every one of his shows, so the band is really tight around all of the songs. I had the fortune of seeing him twice back in May (so close that my arms were on the stage), and the feeling is captured on the DVD.

3. Donald Lagasse

Donald Lagasse Stunt Coordinator

Phong,

Thanks for your excellent response. I'll pick it up today

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I'm late to the party on this one, but after seeing a clip of David Gray on British talk show Parkinson a couple of years back, I became an instant fan.

There's a new CD, and a new tour...I'm seeing the show in November, and can't wait.

Perhaps there will be a concert video to go with that, we can at least hope.

- Steve