1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

David Gilmour in Concert...WOW!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Robert_Z, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

This is a great DVD. I listened to it tonight for the second time in a week. Very very good. I would still pick Roger Waters In the Flesh, but not by much.

The one thing the Gilmour DVD has over In the Flesh is that it sounds pleasing at lower volumes, whereas I have to crank up the Waters DVD to really enjoy it.

Both winners! [​IMG]

2. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    agreed. I was stunned at how crystal clear everything sounded, the very first time I popped the disc in. I don't think I've ever heard a DVD concert recording where guitars etc sounded so clear.

perhaps the volume thing is because Gilmour's concert is almost a solo instrument with some backing, whereas Waters is a much bigger production music-wise? big productions need big volume to sound impressive, whereas a single instrument probably sounds better at a modest volume?

3. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

I really enjoy this concert. It's nice to see Gilmour moving from the "bigger is better'' mentality to "sweet and simple.'' Outstanding performance and very interesting mix of musical instruments.