What's new

David Crosby arrested again.... (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
If it wasn't for bad luck, he wouldn't have no luck at all.

Apparently he forgot a piece of luggage in his NYC hotel room after checkout. Of course it had his stash and a pistol in it....

When he realized he forgot his most important handbag, he went back to retrieve it. Unfortunately a hotel employee had since found the bag and opened it searching for identification. When finding the contraband, he called the cops who were waiting for Dave at the door....

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/...ted/index.html

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
Good thing his previous conviction has been overturned. Those are serious charges, especially if there is a prior.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
What was the nature of Crosby's (overturned) conviction for "drug-related weapons charges" in Dallas in 1985? The reason I ask is, unless he physically hurt someone and the hotel employee had that precedent in mind (but even if he did, the conviction was overturned by the Texas Supreme Court), I have a problem with the way the hotel handled this.

From the two stories I've read, it sounds like the hotel called the police and knew they would be waiting for him by the time Crosby telephoned the hotel to say he was returning for the bag. Sounds a little like entrapment to me.

At the very least, couldn't the hotel staff have called Crosby first after finding i.d. in the bag?

And if the bag was left in a room, why was it necessary to arguably compromise his privacy by opening the bag? The hotel surely had it on record who was the last guest to have stayed in the room where the bag was perhaps found.

Perhaps I should know better than to have these expectations/Hollywood sensitivities of a Doubletree. This is not the behavior of a 4-star hotel with some modicum of sensitivity to guests who are public figures. If I were him, I'd never stay at one of their hotels again and would advise all of my friends and colleagues to do the same.

-p

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Paul,

You do the crime and you must pay the fine.

I left a small bag in a hotel once and I was so happy to just get it back. I didn't care if the hotel opened it to try and see who it belonged to. Just as long as I got the bag and it's contents back safe and sound.

Of course I had nothing illegal in my bag. :)

Glenn

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Crosby's doing a bunch of East Coast dates (I believe with his son), so he was probably headed out on a tour bus. He's playing in Annapolis, MD fairly soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks