What's new

David Cronenberg 1970s output (1 Viewer)

James Alexis

Agent
Anyone purchased the budget releases of Shivers, Rabid and one other whose name I can't remember?

Would like reassurance that the transfers are good before parting with cash for them. Only extras are video introduction from Cronenberg and trailer I think.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Anyone purchased the budget releases of Shivers, Rabid and one other whose name I can't remember?

Would like reassurance that the transfers are good before parting with cash for them. Only extras are video introduction from Cronenberg and trailer I think.
The UK Shivers and Rabid discs both have very nice transfers (and in a proper widescreen ratio, as opposed to the 4x3 US discs) and are cheap. Avoid the other disc you're probably thinking of, which is the UK disc of The Brood. That disc has a reportedly very poor 4x3 transfer, but MGM will be releasing a proper anamorphic widescreen disc this coming August in the US.

Those are Cronenberg's only feature films from the 1970s that are available on DVD. Cronenberg also directed Fast Company between Rabid and The Brood, but that's not available on DVD in any region.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks