David Chesky's New Speaker the C1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Scoggins, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Friends,
    At HE2002, David Chesky of Chesky Records fame introduced his new audio company with the nice sounding C1 model (around $3,995). There are pictures at www.enjoythemusic.com (see news and click on HE2002 coverage).
    David has great ears as a record producer known for making some of the best sounding audiophile recordings, so please audition these if you have a chance. Besides good sound, they also have high "wife acceptance factor" due to their beautiful sculpted looks. I believe they are a three driver, two way.
    Have any of you had a chance to hear these in NYC over the weekend? What are your thoughts?
    Were there any other speakers at HE2002 that caught your interest?

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

that link doesn't work for me?

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Cam,

Yes, I know - I just checked it. Their server must down. Try again tomorrow.

4. ling_w

ling_w Second Unit

Too bad David Chesky didn't do demo of his 6.0 recordings. I wanted to see what the hype was about, especially with his Swing Live.

The speakers sound great BTW. He had the wierdest gang of friends around him, must be all musicians.

5. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Ling,

David does hang with a diverse group of people. I think the speakers are great sonically for the price point. I think it would be interesting to see if he can do an amp and pre-amp combo.