What's new

David Blaine...Fearless (1 Viewer)

Todd Durham

Agent
For anyone who has ever seen any of the David Blaine TV specials or if you just plain enjoy magic/sleight of hand...this is a very entertaining DVD....its a combination of his 3 TV shows that runs almost 2 hours. I am not a huge David Copperfield type of magic fan but this guy simply amazes.....Found it at Walmart for only $14.99 and was worth every penny. Have watched it 2x already.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know this was out. Thanks for the heads up. I swear, the guy has sold his soul to the Devil...

Todd Durham

Agent
Yes, he does the levitation thing in a few different scenarios along with a ton of cool card tricks, biting the piece off the quarter, etc......alot of this stuff you just have to see to believe.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah 'Street Magic' rocks!

Do they use different camera angles with the levitations on 'Fearless'? The levitations are by far my favorite stunts of his, but they only used two or so static camera shots with all of them on 'Street Magic'. Kinda ruined the illusion for me, since it obviously looked like they were trying to hide something.

Todd Durham

Agent
they throw in a couple more angles on the levitation thing but they can't give away all of his secrets. Its great viewing in any case.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, and here I thought he was like that guy Swann in Clive Barker's 'Lord of Illusions'!
I laughed when one of the guys in 'Street Magic' referenced that, saying 'He's got spiritual powers, man -- I saw about it in this movie!'
Just don't tell me that Santa Claus isn't real! :)

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
street magicians? Much like the WWF and democracy, it's all a big hoax, you know that right?
Do not, repeat do NOT try to convince the Blainetologists that this is all a hoax. We do not have the Super Best Friends around to help out should things go awry.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up this DVD and it's pretty good. If anyone wants to see the actual levitation Blaine did watch the "Unseen Footage". At the end of that video segment he does the levitation in the street for this young guy. You can see what the spectators in the original special really saw.

RobTrev

Grip
I really like Blaine's approach to magic, I may have to pick this up. He does the levitation trick (which is extremely easy for almost anyone to do) so well, it's really great watching people's reaction to it.

That, and he's just the polar opposite of 90% of stage magicians. Very refreshing.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
To put it in Home Theatre terms, David Blaine is the "Bose" of the magic world.

Gets a huge following, looks different, won't be shown next to competing magicians, hides the facts, and can only be seen in his 'demo' room.

Sure his streetmagic is a refreshing change from alot of stage productions that are just plain cheesy now (World's Greatest Magic 2,3,4 etc) but when you realize what the basis is for everything he does (which he does do quite well) you understand that he isn't what he seems to be.

Ala Bose.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
Whatever you do, DON'T search the internet for how the tricks were done. Now that I know, it kinda ruined the whole thing for me.

-Nick

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Hey Nick, forget searching the net. Don't go to your local library because it is all there too. ;)
Besides the stuff you can buy at your local magic shop, I will say that Blaine has mastered the double lift but would someone please, pleeeease give that guy a personality.
I will say that he has brought magic to new fans which is always good for the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks